Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Merging/Combining Titles?

Hello and Happy Holidays.

I've searched the forums and I do not believe I can do this but if I can, I'd love for someone to explain how. If not, I'd recommend it as a new feature.

For each DVD I copy, I end up with lots of video files...one for each title on the DVD. For some movies, I would like to have the sole mpg4 file for the movie. However, there are some movies where I would like to have some of the extras appended to the end of the main movie. That way, when I am done watching the movie, I can watch some of the extras without having to go through a DVD style menu. Since I use mpg4 file format and run my movies through a Logitech Revue, I can easily pull in any movie from my NAS or server.

Like I said, if it's possible, please let me know. If not, might I suggest adding it as a new feature. If there is a third party app that someone knows of, please let me know.

As for this new GUI, I do want to say I REALLY like it...the reorganization of the GUI has made things a LOT more user friendly and I know several friends who will buy the product now.

Thanks
    Mike

You can use AVIDemux to append the files with no re-transcoding.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Another use for a feature like this (included within the software package as opposed to provided by an external utility) would be stitching together movies which were released on two DVDs or opposite sides of a single two-sided DVD, such as:

Stephen King's The Stand (as well as "It" and The Golden Years)
      Amadeus
      DVD extended versions of the Lord of the Rings
      Charles Dickens' Oliver
      Ben Hur
      Cleopatra
      The Ten Commandments
      Dr Zhivago
      Sand Pebbles

Comment

Working...
      X