M2TS Passthru and DTS Audio Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) M2TS Passthru and DTS Audio Playback

I'm trying to rip a blu-ray using M2TS passthru and removing the HD audio (so audio is plain DTS).

When I playback the file using Windows Media Center (or Windows Media Player) there is no audio. The video plays fine.

If I play back the M2TS/DTS file in Arcsoft TMT, the audio works fine (so I know there is an audio track in the file).

This may not be a DVDFab question specifically, but does anyone know how I can get the audio to play via Windows Media Center? I don't want pass through, but just a downmix for the analog output... Similar to what happens automatically with DD/5.1.

Alternatively, if there was a way to rip using DVDFab that does not transcode the video but will convert the DTS to DD, that would work as well, but I didn't see a way to do that.

So if anyone knows a way to:

1) playback M2TS/DTS files in Windows Media Center or
    2) rip blu-rays converting audio from DTS to DD without losing video quality

either would be much appreciated...

Any ideas?

WMC & WMP are POS's as playback is concerned because they rely on having Windoze codecs installed whereas TMT, VLC, Fab Media Player& XBMC all have the playback support internally.

My honest opinion is that you should give away even using the Windoze crap but if you insist this may help:-

Are you a video maker, or do you just want to watch? Find the best video software for Windows, Mac, and mobile, whether you want to be the next YouTube star or just need a great media player for watching movies. These apps help you capture video, edit video, convert files, share with friends, and customize your video playback.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy - that did the trick. With the codec pack I can get MKVs (remux) to work. M2TS didn't work, but I have what I need.

MCE is a PITA on occasion, but once working has the highest WAF so I'm stuck with it for a while...

Thanks again...

Comment

You really should look at XBMV/Vidon.Me server as they would have a really high WAF with all the pretty pictures & plot, etc!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X