DVD Ripper to MP3 bad output when split by chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper to MP3 bad output when split by chapter

Hi Folks. I need a little help with something and I’m not sure where to turn. I’m hoping someone can offer me some advice.

I’m trying to convert some DVDs to mp3 but the output is messed up. I ripped a few dvds to my hard drive as DVD folders and then used DVD Ripper to convert them to MP3. Here is the weird thing though, if I convert them to mp3 and split by chapter the files are messed up. Chapter 1 will be fine, chapter 2 will be fine part way in and then starts with the middle of chapter 1 and then plays all the way through where chapter 2 should have ended. This pattern repeats for all remaining patterns. If I don’t slip by chapter (and just create one mp3) it is fine.

Anyone see this before or have any ideas on what I could try? I would really like to break these up by chapter if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Please post your internal log ,thanks!

Comment

work 1 failed. error = control module_mux_common init_error_write_header

so i got worried it was something odd with my version which was 8. so i spent the money and bought 9 (copy and ripper). like the new ui (very nice).

i installed the software, tried it out, it worked fine, and then i bought it.

i used it two more times and now every time i try to create an mp3 file ripper fails with this message "Process Failed!". The progress window says "work 1 failed. error = control module_mux_common init_error_write_header".

i attached my log file. i had to just take the end of it since it was a meg or so.
      Attached Files

Comment

0m 41.18s: info: create config(dvd2audio)
        0m 41.18s: info: use profile(MP3)
        0m 41.19s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(7->7)
        0m 41.19s: info: 3D working_mode(disable), 3D format(sbs_lef_right)
        0m 41.20s: info: stream input@ Audio(128)[codec(ac3) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(448000) bitdepth(16) opcode(compress)]
        0m 41.20s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(mp3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(192000) bitdepth(16)]
        0m 41.20s: info: stream input@ Audio(128)[codec(ac3) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(448000) bitdepth(16) opcode(compress)]
        0m 41.21s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(mp3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(192000) bitdepth(16)]

0m 41.22s: UILog:MsgWork:WorkStatus_Start
        0m 41.23s: error: Work 7 failed, Error = control module_mux_common init_error_write_header
        For some reason, DVDFab select two audio tracks when converting, It should be select only one when ripper to mp3.
        Please select only one audio and try again.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Not sure where to make that selection

Thanks for the feedback (I appreciate it).

Can you tell me where in the UI I could make a selection (tell the ripper to only select one of the two tracks)?

I poked around but couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Workaround

First off, Wilson thanks for helping me with this. I really appreciate it. I would never have figured out that was the issue from the log.

The UI only allows you to select one track for ripping so I'm not sure why this kept happening. To get around the issue, i ripped the DVD to disk as an ISO and when I did this I made sure to only select one audio track. Then I converted the ISO to MP3. Since there was only one audio on the ISO there was no reason for the ripper to get confused and it worked. I was able to rip to MP3.

I was pulling out my hair over this one. So thanks again Wilson.

Comment

To get around the issue, i ripped the DVD to disk as an ISO and when I did this I made sure to only select one audio track. Then I converted the ISO to MP3.
              0m 41.20s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(mp3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(192000) bitdepth(16)]
              0m 41.21s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(mp3) channels(2) sample(48000) bitrate(192000) bitdepth(16)]
              To check the log again, the audio ID is same, so it should be only one audio, but maybe something is wrong in DVDFab.
              Please check the audio list in DVDFab after opening the ISO file.

Wilson
              Attached Files
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X