No DTS master when playing with software player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No DTS master when playing with software player

Whenever I convert a blu ray to something else say MKV using pass through or h264 and audio pass through in a movie that has DTS HD sound and play back with a software player (tried Fab previewer,powerdvd11,VLC player)
    All will stream the file and play in only core DTS even if I burn to disk and play with my blu ray Panasonic DMP-BD75 outboard player.

If I play in my Micca Media player the MKV will play the hd sound can be played.

Why does this happen?
    Last edited by glenns; 01-07-2014, 05:53 AM.

I will try it later and tell you the result.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

DTS is shown when playing the BD disc or the .m2ts(DTS HD Master 7.1) file directly in VLC.
      DTS is shown when playing the .m2ts(DTS HD Master 7.1) file of BD disc directly in PowerDVD 13, but DTS HD Master 7.1 is shown when playing the bd disc.
      I suppose that it should be a bug of VLC and PowerDVD.

I don't know why when burned to disk the disk when played with my Panasonic outboard player it freezes up after playing 5 -6 mins and also seems to stream the MKV so it plays core dts only.I do have it set to play MKV in settings.
      How about if connecting the amplifier to your player when playing DTS-HD audio?

Wilson
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi WILSON:The outboard blu player,media player and computer is all connected to hdmi receiver then to hdmi tv.

Fab preview player also gets it wrong and only plays DTS core.
        Also you cannot select a Fab made convert to MKV or M2ts with the add button in Fab to add converted movie from hard drive to the Fab program I have to drag the converted file into Fab.Why is this?

Comment

Also you cannot select a Fab made convert to MKV or M2ts with the add button in Fab to add converted movie from hard drive to the Fab program I have to drag the converted file into Fab.Why is this?
          DVDFab has the filter for file type on Add source dialog. Add ISO in Copy & Ripper and add file sources in Converter & Creator.
          To add file source through Add button, you need to goto Converter and Creator first.

Fab preview player also gets it wrong and only plays DTS core.
          DTS is identified when opening mkv file with DTS-HD MA 5.1, it's a bug of DVDFab.

Wilson
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-08-2014, 05:29 AM.

Thanks!

Comment

Freeze when playing the converting mkv file in a Sony player. I've report the issue to our dev. Maybe something wrong in the converted mkv file.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson: I converted one with fab for the rip to drive and 25 gig compression. Then I did main movie used hand break to make a MKV and img burn for the burn to disk (Did this to compare my Fab result) same result will not play past 5-7 mins. in the player before freezing up in my Panasonic player with latest firmware and set to play mkv in player settings.Had to unplug Panasonic DMB-BD75 and re power up to get the player to work.

Maybe not in the MKV process because the result the same maybe in the rip to hard drive as folder as I used compressed and uncompressed with same result.
              Also movie I used has hd DTS sound both Fab and hand break set to audio pass through for DTS hd sound but I only get core DTS even when burned to disk and played with outboard player.

I don't use these formats at all just testing for others having same type of problem in another thread.

Comment

glenns, do you have a USB drive, either a jump drive or external HDD, you can put the MKV file on and give it a try?
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

90312:I have no use for turning blu rays into mkv or for burning disks myself.I have a 3t and 4t plug in usb drives for my use with media player or using the computer with software players.

I really don't even need the media player anymore with the new computer i just plug in the 2 USB hard drives to high speed USB ports on the new computer and use 3d power dvd 11 to view 3d or anything else.My computer and everything else is hooked up to my hdmi receiver and 60 inch 3d plasma tv so I can view everything on the big screen or the computer screen or switch over to my hdmi projector and view on my 8 foot screen.

I am doing this testing for others having trouble with Fab converts and burning to disk with them not playing in outboard players.

I also noticed with the Fab made MKV the DTS hd only playing core DTS in 3 different software players and my Panasonic blu ray player.All of these seem to stream the movie rather than play the movie maybe this is the reason but if the blu ray movie itself is played or iso it plays fine with full dts hd sound in all the software and outboard players.I am not sure if this is A Fab bug or not at this point.

My Micca media player will play the same MKV I made for testing with hd DTS master.
                  Last edited by glenns; 01-11-2014, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    Wilson: I converted one with fab for the rip to drive and 25 gig compression. Then I did main movie used hand break to make a MKV and img burn for the burn to disk (Did this to compare my Fab result) same result will not play past 5-7 mins. in the player before freezing up in my Panasonic player with latest firmware and set to play mkv in player settings.Had to unplug Panasonic DMB-BD75 and re power up to get the player to work.

Maybe not in the MKV process because the result the same maybe in the rip to hard drive as folder as I used compressed and uncompressed with same result.
                    Also movie I used has hd DTS sound both Fab and hand break set to audio pass through for DTS hd sound but I only get core DTS even when burned to disk and played with outboard player.

I don't use these formats at all just testing for others having same type of problem in another thread.
                    It seems like that the compatibility issue between DTS-HD audio and player, maybe it's wrong when pull down to DTS core automatically by player.
                    I'll try to remove HD audio and play it on the player again.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson:I made 2 new mkv's without the hd audio with Fab and Handbreak both played in my Panasonic DMPBD75 without problems.

Seems only when HD DTS audio is selected with pass through or audio copy with both Fab or Handbrake it plays the 1st chapter then freezes up the player needing to unplug it to work again.The 1st chapter would only play core DTS on my Panasonic.

Fab preview player, VLC player,and Powerdvd11 also only will play core DTS with MKV or other container's from Fab or Handbrake.My Micca media player will play the same MKV'S with HD DTS audio.

This must be a player problem and means you can only play core DTS with any container conversion on the computer with a software player or when burned to disk at least with the tested software players and hardware players.

Any copyed iso, full disk, or main movie will play with full HD DTS sound.
                      I think it may have something to do with ffd show not being able to handle it.I think we need Saf 5.0.

Comment

Working...
                      X