No announcement yet.

blu ray rip plays on computer but not to tv or dvd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) blu ray rip plays on computer but not to tv or dvd player

hello all,

I am having problem getting any kind of container to work with my dmp bdt220 or my Samsung 46 inch smart tv. I have been using Passkey and handbrake for over a year with great success. those rips will play anywhere I want. I decided to get the all in one package after I got a 3D tv for Christmas. the problem is when I rip with fab it will play on my laptop but not on the dmp bdt220 or the tv. However, if I copy the main movie and use handbrake for the transcoding it works fine. I am using default settings for the rips. this is the problem with ripping 3D as well. is there something i'm missing in the setup?

TIA
    ragdoll

On the Panasonic blu ray player go into settings and set to play with MKV's and other file formats theirs a setting for this so you can play more formats try this.

Comment

I have gone through every menu on the dvd player and file type is not an option. I have played different containers before. Some of my files are mkv and they play just fine. the problem only happens when I do the transcoding through DVDFab. It is almost as if the file isn't finalizing properly.

thanks for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        On the Panasonic blu ray player go into settings and set to play with MKV's and other file formats theirs a setting for this so you can play more formats try this.
        Hey Glens!
        If you can set the Panasonic to play MKV would that have any problems with Cinvina? Curious, why I'm asking!

Comment

My Panasonic DMB-bd75 is Cinavia free.

Comment

8855A, put the MKV on a USB jump drive or external HDD and no Cinavia, burn it to a disk and Cinavia will be there to mute the audio.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyone got any ideas on the original problem?

thanks

Comment

I just ripped a movie into mkv with hand break and burned to disk with img burn and it's doing the same thing the fab rip does plays between 5-7 mins then locks up my external blu ray player so I don't have a answer.
                I will try a second movie and report back.

Are you using the latest Fab version 9122?

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  8855A, put the MKV on a USB jump drive or external HDD and no Cinavia, burn it to a disk and Cinavia will be there to mute the audio.
                  Got you 90312, Didn't know that! The AIOS has a USB port! Can you run an external HHD like that full of movies! The AIOS has a usb for that, It shows it on the menu section, HHD or USB, so I guest you can run from each one!
                  Thanks a lot!
                  Last edited by 8855A; 01-10-2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Cinavia is not a problem on the AIOS period pal, I thought you were on the Panasonic subject. You can play it on the AIOS any way you want. I have an external DVD drive attached to mine and it plays Cinavia copies just fine. The only thing it won't play is store bought DVDs, it won't play encrypted content.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Ragdoll: I have discussed this with a Fab staff member and he tried a mkv on a Sony blu ray player and it also won't play.He submitted the problem to developers so wait to see if theirs a fix in future versions of fab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragdoll View Post
                        I am having problem getting any kind of container to work with my dmp bdt220 or my Samsung 46 inch smart tv. the problem is when I rip with fab it will play on my laptop but not on the dmp bdt220 or the tv. I am using default settings for the rips. is there something i'm missing in the setup?
                        I may be missing it completely as I am still very new to converting but I have had a very similar or the same problem. After much trial and error, I found that when the "display only forced subtitles" was checked in the subtitles drop down menu, My tv would not recognize it nor my blu ray player. Said it was invalid file. When it is unchecked, seems to work. Again, this may not be your problem but just an idea.

Comment

thanks glenns and jumpinwired. seems strange that transcoding doesn't work for DLNA devices.

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X