This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes-"cannot be copied to this ipod"

I just bought a new 160GB ipod and cannot transfer some movies because itunes says "___was not copied to this iPod... because it cannot be played on this iPod"

I tried it on an older 80GB ipod and it worked just fine.

I ripped a DVD with the highest bit-rate and resolution DVDFab would allow. I didn't change any other options.

Why would it work on the older ipod but not the newer one?

I wonder if this could be a firmware issue.
    You said you bought a new 160 GB.
    Apple has the following disclaimer on its support site;

Summary
    iPod software version 2.0.2 supports iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009) model and is not compatible with previous iPod classic models.

Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

"I ripped a DVD with the highest bit-rate and resolution DVDFab would allow. I didn't change any other options."

Are you sure your ripped files fall within the parameters for your "new" 160 GB
    (These paramters may be the same...??)

If you haven't already, I'd take a look at the support forums for your iPod
    Last edited by maineman; 09-23-2009, 01:37 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I ripped it again with lower bit-rate and resolution and this time itunes transferred it successfully to the 160GB ipod. Do you think the newer ipods have lower resolution than the old ones?

Comment

As said above, you need to check out the specifications of your iPod in an iPod support environment.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X