Low audio level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Low audio level

When ripping a BD-m2ts file to mkv (profile "mkv.h246.audiocopy") the audio level is much lower about than the original.
    Why is the sound so low? I thought “audio copy” takes original unaltered?! So is there no way to rip to mkv and keep the sound unchanged?
    When ripping to m2ts (audio copy) or other formats it works (same volume as the original), when converting to mkv unfortunately not.

How are you playing back the audio

The only way this makes sense is if you are comparing a BluRay player feeding the audio stream direct to a receiver, vs. playing the file on a PC and having the PC do the digital-analog conversion before feeding it to the receiver.

For the record, I have a PC connected to my reciever, but the playback (Windows Media Center + Sharky Codec pack) is configured to feed digital soundtracks like AC3, DTS, DTS-MA etc direct to the reciever. In that configuration there is no difference between the MKV file's sound and the sound from the original BluRay.

Comment

Thank you, Nik, for the fast reply. Of course you're right. But I compared both files with the Media Player: First I copied the BD to the disc (BD Copy, Remove HD). The resulting m2ts-File has ac3 as audio. When I rip this file to mkv (audiocopy), the audio unfortunately is much lover leveled than the original m2ts-file. This happens only while copying to mkv, not to the other formats. Maybe I have found a new bug?

Comment

Hi,

Please use the Ripper module to convert BD to mkv format directly and see the result.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it works. Obviously, the source file must be an original HD audio. Otherwise "audiocopy" does not work when you rip to mkv!

Comment

Working...
          X