This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping to PS3

Hi I've never done ripping DVD before, so I'm totally dumb. Just used DVDFab to rip a DVD and selected to PS3 mode. The output isn't recognised by PS3 through wireless network. Then tried to use Main Movie option, it worked, but can only play one vob file at a time. Also did not allow me to choose subpicture (subtitle) even though it was selected in the menu (DVDFab).
    Then tried iphone mode. The output was ok and accepted by PS3. Could someone please tell me what can I do to rip DVD so that it can be played back on PS3 via streaming? And also to choose subtitles?
    Many thanks.

Burned in subtitles (no turning them off) are available on the PS3 using the generic XVID AVI profiles. Use the AVI audiocopy profile if you would like to maintain the 5.1 sound.

If you want selectable subtitles then use the same profile but select "Extract to idx/sub file" under Subpicture of the conversion settings. You can then use AVIAddXSubs to create an DIVX file which is the only file format that the PS3 understands with selectable subtitles.

Comment

I had the same problem. I am new to this also, but what I found after searching around a little, is there is a setting you need to turn on on the PS3 to have it play the VOB files continuously.

Comment

Working...
      X