Status and UI freezes when monitor sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Status and UI freezes when monitor sleeps

An odd issue I've had since 9.1.2.??? (now on 9.1.2.5). When ripping BDMV's if the monitor goes to sleep, DVDFab will continue to process; however, the status indicator freezes as well as the UI. I can see by the icon (Win 8.1) in the Windows status bar that the process completed successfully--it's green all the way across.

And I don't get the usual popup indicating the 'Process Completed Successfully'...

Win 8
    DVDFab 9.1.2.5
    Dell Quad Core
    Power Save mode only puts monitor to sleep, not computer.
    Nothing in the logs to indicate it has frozen.

Hi.

i have noticed the same thing, i am not sure it does it everytime the monitor sleeps though. like if i was converting several films to mkv and the monitor went to sleep i can wake the monitor and it will be fine but if i let the monitors sleep again and wait longer fab freezes but still produces a finished and working file.

i found this in the trial and the after activating, not that that should make a difference but thought i'd mention it.

C

Comment

i thought i'd add that i converted 10 films through the night to MKV and it froze on the forth one which was Elysium.

C

Comment

i just had this happen again and i found out that if you hit the show desktop tab bottom right of the taskbar in windows 8.1 and then hit the dvdfab tab (mine is pined to taskbar) it pops back up with the dvdfab finished popup window and shows it all finished.

must be a bug though.

C

Comment

+1

On the latest version, and have noticed this on maybe the last 3 official versions - certainly the last 2. If a rip finishes with the monitor off it will certainly be an issue. If I am say 90% way through a rip and the monitor is sleeping, when I bring the monitor back on the dvdfab status bar will momentarily show 10% (guess dvdfab was at 10% when monitor went to sleep) then quickly jump to 90% or wherever the rip is actually up to.

I just make sure the monitor is on when a rip finishes for now until the issue is resolved in a future release.....

On Win7, 64bit

Comment

All

I have been having this issue for a while now. I'm currently on the latest version 9.1.2.8. It happens if the monitor is off. It happens if the screen save comes on.

It seems like the rip completes but DVDFAB is now locked up.

Does anyone know if they are working on a fix for this.

I'm currently using Windows 7.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I've report the issue to our developer.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X