DVD Ripper locking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper locking.

I have been using DVDFAB for many years without many major issues, but recently I updated to 9.1.2.5 and since then, occasionally, when I have tried to rip a DVD, DVDFAB has locked and the only way I can resolve the issue is to end the task using task manager. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme, or reason to it. Sometimes the rip will get to 99% and then lock. Other times it will only get to 10%, then lock. Sometimes it will lock, then when I try to end the task, there is a message telling me that the program is waiting for a response from me, then it clears and completes normally. If it locks and I restart my computer and try again, most times it will work. I am currently using 9.1.2.7, but the same thing is happening.

I am using Windows 7 to rip DVDs to MP4 and using original discs.

I am going back to 9.1.1.9 because that is the last version which worked for me.

Hi,

Would you please update to the latest version V9128 and try again?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I have updated to 9.1.3.0 and it is no better. I am currently attempting to rip a DVD to MP4. Task Time Elapsed is 1 hour 48 minutes. Task Time Left is 00:00:00, but progress is only 93%. I have just selected Cancel and it allowed me to cancel, but now DVDFAB has locked. I have completely uninstalled DVDFAB 9 and installed 9.1.3.0 because the version I was using -9.1.1.9- had started doing the same thing.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Comment

DVD Ripper Locking

Hi Slosh:

I can't say that I've had that exact problem, but I have been experiencing an assortment of issues with the Mp4 Ripper in several recent versions. For example, when trying to ripp episodes of CSI there was a reproducible problem ripping interlaced VC1 to Mp4 which was submitted to the developers for resolution in a future release. It's sort of hard for me to make suggestions since I'm not sure what advanced settings you are using and it would help to know what blu-ray disc you are ripping but here are some things to try:

Disable all GPU codecs in AV Codecs.

The default codec in the default Mp4 profile is h264, try and switch the codec to MPeg4.

You could also try the "Copy Video" option in advanced options of the Mp4 profile which I believe is basically passthrough.

See if any of these things helps and post back with results, providing more information and details will let the moderators and more experienced people make suggestions to help.

- Norm

Comment

Sounds like you might have a registry snafu Slosh. Try uninstalling Fab, and if you don't have it already get the free version of ccleaner. Run it on the registry until it finds no errors, may take up to three scans. Once you get a clean scan reinstall and give it a whirl.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X