Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSI Season 1, Disc 1 Ripping Assorted Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) CSI Season 1, Disc 1 Ripping Assorted Problems?

I've been using ripp to Mp4 since there have been problems with ripp to Avi .h264 where there were subtitle problems. I've been using the default setting of h264 then selecting Encoding Method "High Quaility Encoding 2-Pass" and Video Quality "High Quaility" and Audio Codec AC3 and it's been working well (for dozens of titles) but I'm having issues attempting to ripp CSI Season 1, Disc 1 where this configuration starts to ripp and frames per second start out between 30-35 but then slows and eventually stops at less than 1% and never finishes.

I changed the codec to MP4 and after that the ripp finished however the end result has artifacts at intervals throughout the episode (see attached screen capture) I've attached a copy of the internal log file just in case anyone wants to take a look at it.

I watched the source from the full disc copy and the source files play without any issues i.e. no problem playing and no artifacts. So I'm not sure why I'm having these problems with this particular disc and at the moment I can't say if it's just disc 1 since I haven't tested the other discs in this season.

Does anyone have any idea's about this?

- Norm
    Attached Files

Turn GPU stuff off in settings see screen shot and try again.
    Theirs little good seen for second pass so I would also skip this setting and try with one pass.
    Attached Files

Comment

CSI Seanon1, Disc 1 Ripping Assorted Problems

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Turn GPU stuff off in settings see screen shot and try again.
      Theirs little good seen for second pass so I would also skip this setting and try with one pass.
      Isn't GPU / cuda stuff disabled for two pass? I mean I seem to remember a message popping up to that effect that on 2-pass gpu encoding would be disabled?

I mentioned in my first post that using the h264 codec caused the rip to stall with those settings, however I forgot to mention that I had switched to 1-pass leaving Video Quality at "High" but the quality of the end product was very poor i.e lots of pixelation especially on scenes that panned or had lots of motion in it.

Another thing that I noticed on ripps using the MPEG4 codec, 2-Pass and High Quailty is that the audio and video seem to be out of sync.

I'm going to try and reripp and this time manually disable all GPU codecs and I'll post back with the results.

- Norm

Comment

Norm@home: You can also give version 8 a shot.

Comment

Norm@home: You can also give version 8 a shot.
          After having turned all GPU codecs off and reripping I'm still seeing the same two problems: lots of artifacts throughout and the audio and video appear to be out of sync and by a lot.

I'll give 8 a try and see what happens.

- Norm

Comment

Hi Norm@Home
            There is something strange in your logs
            Source Video Size Original : 1920 x 1081 < this last number should be divisible by 2

This one is: Source Video Size Display : 1918 x 1080

Fab is setting it to size(1920*1080)

Have you tried setting Fab to same as source???
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi Norm@Home
              There is something strange in your logs
              Source Video Size Original : 1920 x 1081 < this last number should be divisible by 2

This one is: Source Video Size Display : 1918 x 1080

Fab is setting it to size(1920*1080)

CBR929
              Hi CBR:

That does seem odd and something that wasn't obvious to me when I was looking at the log myself. On the Source Video Size / Source Video Display, I gather that Fab determines that when it analyses the source and I just tried playing the 00000.mpls playlist file in MPC and in properties of the video it says 1920X1080 so both of those are being detected / calculated wrong by Fab.

Since I wasn't aware of this size discrepancy issue I hadn't tried to make a change to the resolution field in advanced settings so I'll give that a try and see what the results are and get back to you.

Also GlenS had suggested giving Fab 8 a try which I did and I'm watching the episode I tested with now and it seems fine; no artifact problems and the audio and video seem to be in sync so whatever is going on is a problem in Fab 9.1.2.8.

- Norm

Comment

Also from his log:
                69m 03.77s: info: stream input@ Video(4113)[codec(vc1) size(1920*1080) fps(30000/1001) interlace(1) opcode(compress)]
                Why interlace?

Comment

Hi Norm@Home
                  Do you have the option in advanced settings under MP4 to check the box that says Deinterlacing???
                  If so give it a try.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR929
                    I tested setting Resolution in Advanced Settings to 1918x1080 and I'm having the exact same problem i.e. lots of artifacts throughout the episode and the video seems to play as a speed faster than normal with the audio / sub-titles way out of sync with the video and the farther along it gos that more out of sync it gets.

- Norm

Comment

Hi Norm@Home
                      Do you have the option in advanced settings under MP4 to check the box that says Deinterlacing???
                      If so give it a try.
                      CBR929
                      That box is checked, apparently by default. Should it not be?

- Norm

Comment

Norm:Try the mp4 passthrough profile this will pass the audio and video as it is on the disk without reducing size.You should be not able to select the deinterlacing box at all mine shows it as grayed out without a check box at all.Is it possible the disk contains some interlaced titles maybe extra's on the disk making the option in Fab show? Glad version 8 worked.

The 3d mp4 has a interlacing check box so I hope your not using the wrong profile.
                        Last edited by glenns; 02-24-2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I also got the issue that the video and audio are fast and mosaic when converting the VC1 interlace source to mp4. And report it to our developer.
                          Please wait some time to fix it.
                          Sorry for this to trouble you!

Thanks!

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Norm:Try the mp4 passthrough profile this will pass the audio and video as it is on the disk without reducing size.You should be not able to select the deinterlacing box at all mine shows it as grayed out without a check box at all.Is it possible the disk contains some interlaced titles maybe extra's on the disk making the option in Fab show? Glad version 8 worked.

The 3d mp4 has a interlacing check box so I hope your not using the wrong profile.
                            Hi Glenn:

I was using the regular MP4 profile not the 3D profile (see the screen shot), so I'll try your suggestion of using the MP4 Passthrough profile and see what happens. Also the "DeInterlacing" checkbox in my case is not grayed out (see second screen shot) so I'm not sure why yours is and mine isn't?

The disc information shows there should be four episodes on this disc, Fab identifies Title / playlists 0,1,2,3,13,25,26,27,28,29 as possible episodes as they all have "EN DTS-HD/Master 7.1" audio and the right runtime. But I've manually watched the playlists for titles 0, 1, 2 and 3 and those are the four episodes and the only titles that I'm attempting to ripp.

I'll post back and let you know the results of using the MP4 Passthrough profile. I notice that Wilson Wang from Fab has posted that he has been able to reproduce the problem that I've been experiencing here and is passing it along to the developers for resolution.

As always, CBR929, GlennS and Wilson thanks for your help and suggestions!

- Norm
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's what I believe it should look like if there's no interlaced content on the disk.Perhaps the option only shows up if the disk has interlaced content.Try a regular movie I bet your screenshot will look like mine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X