All Is Lost - Problem Ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) All Is Lost - Problem Ripping

I was trying to rip a copy of "All Is Lost" (new Robert Redford movie) to iPad.

It won't rip. Shows track list 0 as only track list that has the correct time.

Has anyone had a problem with this title.

Also with the new DVDfab ripper does anyone else get artifacts when going fast forward or reverse?

Mine gets really blocky & takes a second to clear up. Is there anyway to stop that. The old version didn't do that.

Post your internal log file for this movie learn how in the link below my post.

Comment

Funny. I just tried it again & now it's working. Not sure what happened the 1st time.

Is anyone else getting the blocky artifacts when fast forwarding or reversing?

It really shows up on my Mac or Windows computer before I transfer to my iPad.

One last question I've been using the older interface because of the blocky artifacts when going forward or backward. On my older interface DVDfab 8 if a movie has 2 cuts on it (theatrical & extended cuts) it won't rip the extended cut.

It will always choose the shorter version of the film & when I go to choose the stream with the extended cut & then start ripping to iPad it gives me an error message.

Is there something I don't have set right to allow me to rip the extended cut? It happens on every movie with an extended cut (Avatar, We're the Millers, Wolverine, etc)

Comment

What doe's the error say? really need the version 8 log file to see what's going on here.How do you know your picking the correct title to use is their only one other title with the longer run time? Try playing it in the Fab viewer to see if it's the correct title and plays to the end.

Comment

There are 3 streams with the same time for the longest extended cut on Avatar.

I've tried ripping all 3 & get the same error.

I will try to figure out how to get a log file. I remember it said error: remux.

Can't remember the full error message. I'll post tomorrow.

When a movie has 2 cuts on it. It will always choose the shorter cut of the movie. I use AnyDVD speed menu to see which stream is the correct extended cut of a movie that has an extended cut.

Thanks for trying to help.

Movies with extended cuts will never rip the longer cut on DVDfab 8 interface.

Any idea why I'm getting the blocky artifacts going forward or backward on DVDfab 9 interface?
          Last edited by marine92104; 02-24-2014, 07:13 AM.

Comment

marine92104:Open Fab look to top right see black triangle pointed down click on it then scroll down to open log files open the Fabinternal log file scroll to last log in file that's the latest log cut and paste into a post or post as a attachment.I don't know about the fast forward thing is this burned to disk if so post the burn log also if not what program are you using to view the video?
            Last edited by glenns; 02-24-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

The blocky artifacts is if you're ripping to iPad. It's while the file is still on the computer.

When watching thru iTunes or Quicktime player it gives blocky effects when you move the timeline forward or backwards.

I'll try to post the log today or tomorrow on Avatar. It's any Blu-ray that has more than one cut. If you want to rip the extended cut to iPad format it won't let you using Profile 8.

Comment

I made one with version 9128 and it played on the free VLC and windows media player on the computer ff worked fine so did moving the timeline forwards or backwards I used the first ipad profile listed in profiles.
                Last edited by glenns; 02-24-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                  I made one with version 9128 and it played on the free VLC and windows media player on the computer ff worked fine so did moving the timeline forwards or backwards I used the first ipad profile listed in profiles.
                  It's when I rip to iPad format & play thru iTunes or Quicktime player.

I have a Mac laptop. It plays blocky thru my Windows computer when I play thru iTunes or Quicktime player also.

When I play thru TMT5 or PowerDVD13 it doesn't. Try playing it thru iTunes or Quicktime player & see if you get the blocky artifacts when moving forward or backwards.

I use my Mac to watch my movies that I rip when I'm not at home so it's important not to have blocky movies.

I use the iPad Air profile which is what I have. Should I use another profile?
                  Last edited by marine92104; 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

marine92104: I think it would be better to put a real good video player on the Mac like this free Mac version of VLC player a lot of us use the windows version why not try the Mac version here it's a free video player with lots of options.

Only for the MAC.

Comment

The reason I rip for iPad is so I can put it in my iTunes library so I can use the artwork & so forth. That is what I use for my Mac & iPad.

I have no problem playing movies purchase thru iTunes. No blocky artifacts. DVDfab 8 had no blocky artifacts when ripping a Blu-ray to the iPad profile & playing thru iTunes or the Quicktime player. Not sure why DVDfab 9 does.

It is using the iPad Air profile which is what I put the movies on.

Something is wrong with the settings somewhere.

I use the Quicktime player that iTunes uses since it uses less battery power on my Mac Air.
                      Last edited by marine92104; 02-25-2014, 03:21 AM.

Comment

The real way to get help is by posting your Fabinternal log to a post this is the way to get help so staff can look at this.The logs will tell them the steps you have taken so they can try to reproduce this and fix it if it needs fixing.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I did download VLC player & it does play it without the blocky artifacts when moving forward or backwards.

Not sure why Quicktime player has that problem.

I'll post the log files on profile 8.2.2.9 that I use. I use that profile because for some reason it works faster on my Windows computer.

Still don't know why it won't rip an extended cut movie to iPad format.

It will on profile 9. I'll post it sometime this week when I have time to figure out how to do it.

Hopefully I'll get it resolved. Until then I can use VLC player. Thanks for the advice. I lost the artwork but at least it will play without blocky artifacts while going forward or backwards.

I wish it had the chapters like Quicktime does. I miss that.

Comment

VLC does have chapters see screen shot.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                              VLC does have chapters see screen shot.
                              I should have clarified. When using quicktime & profile 9 it shows chapters with a screen shot so you can see what chapter or scene you're looking for.

VLC is a good player but I would just like the movie in my iTunes with artwork & click & start a movie. It's like having a media center.

VLC does have media center but no artwork shown that I can find.

Comment

Working...
                              X