Keep crashing since 9131

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Keep crashing since 9131

Not sure if it's coincidence, but I keep crashing since v9131. It's continued in v9132 and v9133. Before that, I never crashed. My last stable version was v9129Beta.

I queue up a rip, leave, and come back a few hours later to find that my computer is at the desktop with the Passkey license window showing, which it normally does when I restart. However, event viewer shows no indication of a restart...

This also happened before I installed Passkey, so that's likely not the issue.

Windows XP logs in Event Viewer show nothing interest in either application of system areas.

DVDFab log doesn't seem to show anything of interest either. I've attached them.

This is making it very hard for my to back up any BDs as I have to try a few times before I can have a crash-free session.

Do you know what's going on? Are others having this issue?

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

Are you running DVDFab and Passkey at the same time? That is neither necessary nor advised.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Did you tried Avatar 3d ripped to mkv? Fab qiut by itself?
      How about other source? I saw that some source ripped ok from the log.
      I`ve tried Avatar 3d ripped to MKV was OK. Try convert to mkv passthough not mkv.defult. If still has this issue,give us log.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Are you running DVDFab and Passkey at the same time? That is neither necessary nor advised.
        This was happenning before Passkey was installed, but it's now been uninstalled.

Originally posted by Dora View Post
        Did you tried Avatar 3d ripped to mkv? Fab qiut by itself?
        How about other source? I saw that some source ripped ok from the log.
        I`ve tried Avatar 3d ripped to MKV was OK. Try convert to mkv passthough not mkv.defult. If still has this issue,give us log.
        I've noticed that the computer can really lag when Ripper is operating. Perfmon shows all cores being pegged at 100%. As an experiment I've modified the config to use 3 of the 4 cores, leaving 1 for the OS and everything else. We'll see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Here is what I do to avoid all these bizarre and unexpected behaviors.

1. Go to Piriform.com, avoid the crap from download sites, and download CCleaner, the free version works great. Install.

2. Uninstall DVDfab using the uninstaller packed with Fab or Control Panel. I do not save preferences, takes a couple minutes to set them.

3. Go to C:\Windows\Prefetch and delete all files the begin with DVDFab and fabcore if exists.

4. Run CCleaner select Registry and scan and fix all errors, no need to save when prompted, do this until the scan finds no errors. Will likely take more than one scan&fix.

5. This step may or may not be necessary but I do it, reboot the computer now that the registry is clean.

6. Download a fresh installer to your computer; do not select “RUN” from the browser. Right click on the installer and run as administrator.

You’ll have to reboot the computer, register again and set your preferences again but it should run smoothly if there are no other conflicts.
          Last edited by 90312; 03-14-2014, 08:45 PM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X