NuBe -> Very Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) NuBe -> Very Impressed

I'm new to the "Ripping" world and I am very impressed. Before I had a freebe program and you had to know as to what resolution each video was. I always chose the max resolution that a DVD is. I can't say if any were ruined, but I can see with this it doesn't use any extra file size that end up as black bars.

I naturally chose the double scan and high quality encoding (MP4). If your going to do it, you're money ahead to do it right the first time. Playback looks as good as the original DVD on a 40" screen. The time is usually <30 minutes for a typical DVD and up to nearly 4 hours for a BD. I run with 8 drives [3 BD, 5 DVD]. 5 are internal to the computer and 3 are laying loose next to it. I sorta ran out of SATA ports. It wouldn't be feasible to add a card to add more. Most of the BDs are ripped so it will make short order for the 100 [started with over 300 disks combined BD/DVD] or so DVDs that are left. I have accumulated about 5 or 6 BD that won't rip all the way, so I'm leaving them for last to try and figure out why the stalled at various points into the rip.

I rip to a QNAP NAS so there is plenty of room. I ended up using a WDLive box for the TVs that don't have DNLA support. A couple on my BD HTS has capability but for some reason won't play BD ripped to MP4 correctly.

Kevin

"I have accumulated about 5 or 6 BD that won't rip all the way"
    What are the BD disc? Are there any error occur? Give us a internal log.

There is a WDLive box profile in device ->box. Rip to this profile to see.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Once I get some other stuff squared away I'll be posting files and see if there are solutions to "My Problem Childs".

I just learned a big lesson by not posting and asking for guidance as to what I should have for defaults. I just realized that on audio I should have chosen AC-3 instead of AAC ??? I think that was the one. Oh well only 300 rips late to find the mistake .....

Comment

Originally posted by kherr View Post
        Once I get some other stuff squared away I'll be posting files and see if there are solutions to "My Problem Childs".

I just learned a big lesson by not posting and asking for guidance as to what I should have for defaults. I just realized that on audio I should have chosen AC-3 instead of AAC ??? I think that was the one. Oh well only 300 rips late to find the mistake .....
        I always go with the original audio track, so if it's DTS-HD/MA then that's what goes in the MKV file. That way I get full fidelity audio when I play the rips back through my HTPC in my home theater, and my laptop is quite capable of dumbing that down for playback anywhere else

Comment

Working...
        X