MKV -> MKV Lossless when Trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV -> MKV Lossless when Trimming

I can easily take an ISO and use the new Trim feature, taking out sections of the movie. However with my lossless MKVs, this does not appear to be the case. I add them to the program, and then instead of using the ripper section, it uses the convert section. MKV Lossless is not in there.

How do you trim an existing MKV without re-encoding?

Converter is not support MKV lossless.
    You can use ripper-> mkv passthrough, then use Trim feature, you can got lossless MKVs
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
      Converter is not support MKV lossless.
      You can use ripper-> mkv passthrough, then use Trim feature, you can got lossless MKVs
      You cannot add an MKV to the ripper though.

Comment

Bumping...

Doesn't appear the team knows this isn't possible?

1) You can't add MKVs to the ripper to use the MKV Lossless profile, it adds them to Convert mode instead.
        2) Convert doesn't support a MKV Lossless profile.

You are forced to re-encode MKVs if you want to trim them. You'd need to either add support for MKV Lossless in convert mode, or allow us to add MKV's to the ripping mode.
        Last edited by tyrindor; 03-20-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

MKV passthrough is lossless, it passes the video and audio through to the MKV container as is. Is this not what you want?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            MKV passthrough is lossless, it passes the video and audio through to the MKV container as is. Is this not what you want?
            No...

Take ANY MKV. Drag it into DVDFab. It will immediately go to the converter tab. Go to edit, and trim the movie. Now you are forced to re-encode when it's very possible to trim MKVs without re-encoding. This is because you cannot select MKV Passthrough profile in this section of the program.

Now take ANY ISO. Drag it into DVDFab. It will immediately go to the ripping tab. Go to edit, and trim the movie. Select MKV Passthrough profile, and it will finish the process without re-encoding.

I want to be able to trim MKVs without re-encoding them, just like you can with ISOs.
            Last edited by tyrindor; 03-20-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X