Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Need Helping ripping 3D BD onto HDD

Reposting with updated title.

Hi! I am a Noob who is backing up my collection of DVD/Bluray so I can watch from my home movie server (Synology NAS DS1513+) via Plex. I have backed up about 350 of 900 discs as MKV files with minimal problems. However I do not know how to backup a 3D movie for playback via Plex (on a JVC DLA-X70R 3D Projector). I am playing around Avatar that has a BD with both the 2D and 3D versions. i have tried coping several of the versions, but they all come out 2D. The same has happened with Wrath of the Titans, which has the 3D version on a separate disc form the 2D version. I have the full suite of DVDFab 9 proudcts and am running the latest version - 9.1.3.6

I am looking for a detailed guide on how to copy a 3D BD for play back via Plex, or any help that you can offer! Thanks!

I use 3D MKV files.

I have my video set at 18 CRF. (Make sure the resolution is 1920x1080)
    Audio Copy (or you can downmix it to save space)
    Subtitles: Remux PGS
    3D Mode: Top and Bottom 50%

Plex still has issues with subtitles and 3D files, just so you know.
    Last edited by rmeyers; 03-24-2014, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but I still need more details on how to rip to 3D files. When I put in a 3D disk, the advanced settings screen looks the same as with a 2D disk. How/where do I find the 3D settings? Thanks!

Comment

OK - I figured out what I was doing wrong! I did not see the 3D tab in the profile select screen, so was trying to rip 3D form the 2D profiles. Thanks!

Comment

when you click on the output type button on the left, you have to select Format -> 3D Format -> 3D MKV

see attached image
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I FINALLY saw the '3D Format' button on the left - duuu :P

Comment

Working...
            X