task_1 failed! Error=(501 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

task_1 failed! Error=(501 4)

Trying to convert a movie to Xbox 360 format. I try and start it and get this: task_1 failed! Error=(501 4). why can't i do this? I'm just trying to get my movies in a library in a format that i will be able to play them through windows media center, from my pc to xbox 360. Is there anyother way to convert them if i can't get this to work?

What version of DVDFab? Windows? Any specific options used during the conversion process?

I know there were similar errors on the Xbox 360 profile with earlier versions of DVDFab on Windows 7... Make sure you are using the latest version (6.2.1.8): http://dvdfab.com/download.htm

Did you follow the best practices: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543

Comment

sorry, its windows 7 and i just upgraded to the lastest version. but still won't do it. I've tried multiple options including just the default settings and nothing.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response... Make sure that you are using the best practice guide:

If this doesn't help, then post the info as per the help us help you:

The dev's will most likely need this info to provide any further response/assistance...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Comment

I've never seen that error, but maybe you could also try the profile I created here. Perhaps that will help? If that profile fails to help you create the files then maybe you should try uninstalling and reinstalling DVDFab. If you can create files but not get them to play then it's most likely an issue with the computer-to-XBox360 communication and not an issue with the files you create.

An important couple of points;
          Are you using the free trial or a paid version of DVDFab? If it's the free trial, are you still within your trial period? If it's the paid version, has it worked in the past or is this the first time you're using it?
          Last edited by GeekMan; 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM.
          ------------------------------------
          Just another moron with a keyboard.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X