Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to edit title when ripping bluray to mp4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How to edit title when ripping bluray to mp4?

I'm using the latest DVDFab Bluray ripper 9.1.3.6, I like the new interface but it seems that there is no way I can find to edit the video "Title" before I click Start. In the 8.x version I could easily click edit at the right of profile and then change both file name and title. In 9.1.3.6, I could change the file name directly from the main screen but can't find "Title" that I can edit. The Title of the ripped file basically takes the default naming convention set in setting. Please help.

In new Fab file name and title are the same.

You can choose profile ,rename the file name .
    The Title of the ripped file out put as your change name
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

While the auto-rename of Title together with file name would be a good feature for some users, I'd appreciate it if I can manually edit or delete the Title prior to start ripping. In certain cases, the file name may be in other languages and I find that the Title embedded in other language may be corrupted.

Comment

The issue has been feedback to our designer. I am not sure whether add or not.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Whenever I rip a mp4 file, I right-click on it, -> Properties -> Details tab -> Remove Properties and Personal Information

I'm sure there is a muxer out there I could use, but that eliminates all internal tagging.

Comment

Edit Title

Ok, We will achieve this as soon as possible.

Comment

you can change the name manually if you click on the title (as you can select language and subtltles in the other two fields)

Comment

Click on this box and change the file name.
                Attached Files
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

The title and file name are set to be the identical in dvdfab 9 isn't truly a problem to me, but the side problem that I have been experiencing is that:
                  • I use Windows 8.1 English
                  • I configure non-unicode program to run with Chinese Traditional
                  • I have dvdfab ripped a DVD folder which is named in Chinese Traditional
                  • The Chinese Traditional file name is displayed properly in Title in dvdfab interface
                  • The output MP4 file has proper Chinese Traditional file name but the Title is garbled
                  • I have to remove the Title tag manually for each output MP4 file
                  • If I manually input the Chinese Traditional name into the Title tag of output MP4 file, then it's properly displayed

So, it seems to me that DVDFab doesn't use Unicode to deal with the Title field when it outputs the MP4 file and it's messed up if the Title doesn't match the OS language.

Could you please either fix this issue or provide a way for me to edit the Title so that I don't have to edit the Title tag after it's ripped? The post edit of title tag may cause Windows to re-copy entire file which is time consuming.

Thanks.

Comment

Edit outpu file name

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Click on this box and change the file name.
                    I'll give it a try, the thing is that in some instances the title can contain special / accented characters like this: â„¢ (I pasted a character in the middle and it's not showing correctly here) I believe that in Fab 8 it was easier to edit the output name when this happened but in Fab 9 it's not as intuitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X