This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House to wmv

I'm trying to put House onto my laptop and I want it in a reasonable quality with a reasonable file size. (FYI my resolution is 1920x1080) Right now it takes about a ridiculous amount of time to convert even one disc...3 or 4 hours. I don't have that kind of time. I set the video's to be about 300 mb per but dvdfab still makes them about twice as big making a single disc of 4 episodes about 2 to 3 gbs...any suggestions?

Try the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile instead. The WMV conversion is nortoriously slow.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The WMV Encoder is much fast if speed is an issue. Obviously since M$ made that themselves, and it currently using 64bit, making it faster if your running 64bit OS.
      I don't use it anymore (5-6 years since last used.) myself since i prefer either h.264 or xvid HD video's. Sure, h.264 needs a bit more juice to playback, but even xvid at 1280x720 plays smooth and fast on my Touch Pro.
      SVN :

Comment

Working...
      X