9.1.3.7 abort bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 9.1.3.7 abort bug

First, thanks for adding the ability to auto abort on read error in 9.1.3.7!

However, I had a bad disk yesterday so I got to try it out and ran into a problem. I get a read error, the pop up appears to retry, cancel, abort. I let it time out then nothing happens for a while, then the pop up appears again.

I then tried manually pressing the abort button on the pop up and the menu wouldn't dismiss.

Tried ripping again and pressed the abort button manually the first time it popped up (not using the new feature) and the menu would dismiss, but the task still did not abort.

In order to resume, I had to eject the disk, then press the cancel button next to the task before it would move on to the next task (ripping another disc in another drive in the same computer).

I appreciate the effort, look forward to this working.

The ability to auto abort on read error is doing absolutely nothing.A read error usually occurs because there is something on the disc itself...dirt,scratch etc.You can tick abort as much as you like the read error will be always there....unless you have a good look at the disc itself and fix it .....if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
      The ability to auto abort on read error is doing absolutely nothing.A read error usually occurs because there is something on the disc itself...dirt,scratch etc.You can tick abort as much as you like the read error will be always there....unless you have a good look at the disc itself and fix it .....if possible.
      Hi Bert, I think you may be confused about the purpose.

The reason for the auto abort is for people with multiple optical drives (I have 4) who have multiple rips or copies queued up. The purpose is not to fix the disk error, it's actually the opposite - to immediately give up on the rip (or copy) instead, mark the task as failed and move on to the next queued task.

Without it, the task queue gets held up indefinitely when a read error occurs - which defeats the purpose of having a bunch of drives.

Comment

Ok.I'll take your words for it.Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
        X