How to select a CUDA mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D How to select a CUDA mode

Is it possible to use CUDA mode VC1 instead of H264 when ripping from DVD to an AVI file using the H.264 encoder? I'm using DVDFab 9.1.4.2

Under Common Settings, A/V Codec the Codec information shows the following:
    Supported Video Codecs :
    CUDA_MODE_H264
    CUDA_MODE_VC1

CoreAVC : is detected.

I need to encode DVDs to .avi using H.264 in CUDA_MODE_VC1 but DVDFab uses CUDA_MODE_H264. Is there any way to change this? My player is a Sony BDP-S370 which cannot play H264 video with start codes.

Further info on the types of H264 video is available here:

Thank you! Jason

You can use h264,divx or xvid when making a AVI of a dvd and change between them in the advanced options of the AVI profile.

Comment

Hi Jason
      "Supported Video Codecs , CUDA_MODE_H264" It is means the disc and source coding format is H264 . It can increase the transfer speed using CUDA . It is can not change codec between VC1 and H264 . You can do like glenns suggest Ripped to avi.divx or xvid . Also can use mp4.mpeg4 , mkv passthrough .
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi Glenns and Dora,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Glenns, I think you misunderstood the question. I know I can rip to h264, divx or xvid, but as h264 is better quality I want to rip to this. However there are different types of h264, predominantly with and without start codes, as the Microsoft article linked to my first post explains.

DVDFab produces avi files with start codes (Mediasubtype_H264), but it is more common for avi files ripped using H264 to not have start codes (Mediasubtype_AVC1). DVDFab can decode both, buy my player can only decode avi files with start codes (VC1), hence the question.

Dora, I see from the A/V Codec settings window that you can choose whether to use Software or CUDA for VC1 Decoding. What I'm after is the same option for VC1 Encoding.

Cheers, Jason
        Attached Files

Comment

Fab codec has no vc1 codec options in advance setting of profile because of some supported reason .
          In common settings a/v codec , accelerate CUDA soft decoding is supporting Encoding was not supporting as nvidia drive does not support.
          a/v codec this option only change accelerates / accelerated hard drive soft .
          If you want to play the files in your player, and you would , you can tried avi xvid or wmv profile.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
          X