MP4 with subtitle remux into file does not display properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MP4 with subtitle remux into file does not display properly

I'm using the latest version 9.1.4.5. When I have bluray ripped to mp4 (h.264aac) with subtitle remux into file, everything works fine. However, when I have a DVD (backup copy from hard drive) ripped into mp4 same profile, the mp4 subtitle either cannot be displayed or displayed reversely (there's a background color with the word transparent). Is this a bug? This happens to previous version as well.

Thanks!

Is there any other subtitle?
    I has tired ripped a dvd iso to MP4 remux , the results has subtitle.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I tested on two different DVD folders (backup of original DVD) with 2 output mp4 files, one no subtitle displayed (I could select the Chinese or English subtitle) with vlc player (sometime the movie is flicking as well, like black display for a sec), another one has Chinese and English subtitle displayed but with a background color and subtitle word transparent.

Comment

Sample output

Attached a sample output file with subtitle display issue.
        Attached Files

Comment

It seems happend on particular dvd not every dvd. I will try more. And you can tried other player to play that do not display subtitle one. If i can not reproduce hope you can upload source to us.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Another test

I have tested it with 2 movies, and certainly I'm happy to test it on the 3rd one if it helps. I tested it with the 3rd movie and the output subtitle was shown in black no matter how I configure VLC player subtitle color. The default subtitle color is in white, and it works for all MP4 I ripped with bluray so far.
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't reproduce this either played back on DVDFab Media Player2 BR MP4 remux.
              Attached Files
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I had met the 3rd one, the word turn black. The word does not display or background color is green i never met. If you want subtitle, you can rip to mp4 render subtitle or tried mp4 passthrough. The words turn black i will feedback to developer.
                Last edited by Dora; 05-19-2014, 10:05 AM.

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Great!

Great! I'm glad that you could re-produce the issue. The subtitle turning black becomes the most common cases that I encountered as I tested some other movies/videos source.

Comment

Still not fixed

You may be aware of it, but after 2 version upgrade (I tested it with latest release 9.1.5.2), the subtitle issue remains. I hope this issue is still in your queue of to be fixed list. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, there is a problem with some dvds ripped to mp4's and subtitles, so I had to re-rip them (quite a few actually) but in order to get them to work properly, I set fab to extract the subtitles to an external file.
                      That goes back to the very early 9.xx versions
                      BD's with included subtitle were all fine.

Comment

Actually I haven't had any success one in my tests. I only tested it on 5, 6different DVD backup folders (i.e. DVD\VIDEO_TS) which are back up from original DVDs and most of converted mp4 had black subtitles. I think your suggested workaround would work fine, but it would be really nice if this can be fixed so that everything could be in one file.

Comment

Sorry! This is still an issue with latest version 9.1.5.6

I tested the latest version 9.1.5.6 this is still an issue so hopefully this is still in your fix list. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X