Full side by side 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Full side by side 3D

I want XBMC to display full resolution 3D MKV's ripped with DVDFab. I ripped a full SBS movie last night and XBMC displayed the full movie twice in 3D side by side. Someone told me to use MKVMux to edit the file headers to turn on stereoscopic, height of 1080, and width of 1920. The movie then displayed properly. Am I getting a higher quality rip this way or is it really the same as a default half SBS rip?

If your XBMC does full frame packed 3d I would go with main movie full 3d no loss at all.

I believe full frame side by side is 1/2 resolution or less (depending if movie is letter boxed then less) same as half frame maybe Wilson or a Fab developer can confirm this and explain it better as far as the difference between the two.
    Last edited by glenns; 05-17-2014, 05:44 AM.

Comment

That's good advice, how would I do that?

Comment

Do you mean how do you do a frame packed 3d main movie copy no loss?

Just use Fab blu ray copy use burn/clone to get the whole 3d movie on the hard drive first then put the cloned iso back into Fab and extract the main movie in advanced settings it should be set for make 3d movie (it's the default setting) then make the output to 50 gigs and output set for hard drive you use to play movies from so it will copy the uncompressed 3d main movie to hard drive.

This will copy the full 1080p resolution uncompressed main movie with all soundtracks included or you can make it with just the soundtracks you want and subtitles you want by un checking these when you make main movie.Their are pull down boxes for soundtracks and subtitles this will make the copied movie a little smaller and save room on the hard drive.

The question I have is can your XBMC device play full frame packed 3d movies? and if so from a iso or folder as you can output the main movie to iso or folder and most 3d players need iso's not folders a very few will play from 3d folders.
        Last edited by glenns; 05-18-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          Do you mean how do you do a frame packed 3d main movie copy no loss?

Just use Fab blu ray copy use burn/clone to get the whole 3d movie on the hard drive first then put the cloned iso back into Fab and extract the main movie in advanced settings it should be set for make 3d movie (it's the default setting) then make the output to 50 gigs and output set for hard drive you use to play movies from so it will copy the uncompressed 3d main movie to hard drive.

This will copy the full 1080p resolution uncompressed main movie with all soundtracks included or you can make it with just the soundtracks you want and subtitles you want by un checking these when you make main movie.Their are pull down boxes for soundtracks and subtitles this will make the copied movie a little smaller and save room on the hard drive.

The question I have is can your XBMC device play full frame packed 3d movies? and if so from a iso or folder as you can output the main movie to iso or folder and most 3d players need iso's not folders a very few will play from 3d folders.
          Ah OK. I will try it but I don't think XBMC will play it. I will probably get an ISO or MVC file right?

Comment

Fab will make a iso but can also make a 3d folder if need to.Are you using a software XBMC or a pre built hardware player device that uses XBMC and what can the device or software play.Look it up in the manual or look for the devices or software's online manual.

A quick search on the net says side by side supported so you can do them uncompressed but their still 1080p by 540 or less if letterboxed.This is fine for 3d tv's 55 inch and under or any size if for kid viewing.When you get to 60 inch and over the picture is not as clear but viewable.Front screen projection really needs the framed packed 3d disks full 1080p in each eye resolution for brightness and clearer 3d effects.
            Last edited by glenns; 05-18-2014, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X