DVDFab Crashes on opening after 9.1.4.5 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab Crashes on opening after 9.1.4.5 Upgrade

After upgrading to 9.1.4.5, each time that I open DVDFab, it crashes. I have rebooted, reinstalled, opened with and without a disc in the drive with no change. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chad

Same happened to me I went back to 9143 then upgraded to 9145 seems the full clean didn't work.

Comment

Please post the log file.

Better to attach the crash report here.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Mine were error 45 protection error program won't open.I downloaded the beta and then upgraded back to 9145 so far it works.

Windows update got a update file from hell update 2670838KB this update interfered with many programs Norton 360 and windows defender included.A norton developer took this update off my computer Norton says windows is not using it anymore but if you download the new internet explorer program that file from hell comes with it they are optional windows updates now.

I have been getting mini blu screen dumps for weeks now sometimes when doing nothing at all. The blu screen debugger program lists different things wrong all the time with different drivers.

I did a memory and hard drive check with windows and everything is fine.I reverted back to Intel 4000 older drivers that came with the computer with no luck.

I did a deep scan and full scans for any viruses with 3 different brands of software no luck.The computer is I-7 using windows 7 home only 5 months old so i am at a loss what to do as I still get blu screen dumps daily sometimes 3 times a day and they happen in Safe mode also.

Could be a failing power supply,memory but i checked and reseated the memory moduals,mother board its military grade and uses really good parts.Computer is under warrentee but waiting for a part to go bad is driving me nuts.That's if that's what it is.I have no new hard wear but update little helper programs all the time and defrag the hard drive daily with defraggler and use cc cleaner daily.

If I check with a free spyware only program all my little helper programs i use with Fab show up as infected their really not as I been using them for months now without trouble and use them on my other computers without problem they use Vista.I think it's some hardware part going bad or another window update making things go bad i just don't know.So I really don't think it's a Fab problem.Norton 360 that I use has spyware protection and it doesn't pick up anything for spyware and i tried windows defender also.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by glenns; 05-19-2014, 03:46 AM.

Comment

After running memtest86 5.01 a free memory test that takes hours to run both my memory ddr3 sims are going bad and this accounts for all my blu screen mini dumps and my Fab error 45 protection errors download i reported in another topic.

This is the reason why the program didn't run.Funny other versions of fab did run though.The memory test that windows does didn't find anything wrong with my memory so that test is crap.Just in case anyone has this problem they should know windows own memory test is not a good way to test for bad memory.

Live and learn 5 month old computers can have memory go bad also.This problem will drive you crazy if you didn't know what causes it.Memory still works but programs crash only a time or 2 then more and more as time goes on.

When memory go's bad it just doesn't die it's causes you great grief you would think in this day and age if memory is failing a pop up should come up saying memory problems detected please download memtest86 and test your machine.

Shame on mirosoft for not doing this.Have 3 year warrentee so i get free replacement memory good thing I have other computers i will use till this gets fixed a bummer going from a I7 back to a 2 core but it's better than no computer at all.Only part of building your own computer is parts seem to always be mail order.

Comment

Working...
          X