CUDA Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper CUDA Support

I thought I had posted this, but I do not see it. If I am violating some rule or etiquette, I apologize.

What is the timetable for CUDA 5, 5.5, and 6.0 support in DVD Fab???

Originally posted by efigalaxie View Post
    I thought I had posted this, but I do not see it. If I am violating some rule or etiquette, I apologize.

What is the timetable for CUDA 5, 5.5, and 6.0 support in DVD Fab???
    We are working on it, Please be patient. Thanks for your understanding.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
      We are working on it, Please be patient. Thanks for your understanding.
      We support it in 9151beta.
      Here is downlink:

Please try it. if it is still has issue, feedback to us.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Cuda still no good for me.

I tried the program and it still doesn't support Cuda for my gpu.

I have talked to Sony. They had me run a couple of cleanup utilities on my Laptop. This drastically improved the encoding performance - software only.

I just tried disabling the Nvidia Geforce GT 735m gpu and running Intel Integrated Graphics. This worked and I am using quicksync now. This seems to have a very small advantage over the software decoding - in this particular machine.

Comment

Downloaded latest driver from Nvidia...

Downloaded latest driver from Nvidia... Installed it while fighting Sony's interfering junkware.

Some comparisons.

This machine
          Software only - between 70 - 90 fps

Quicksync with Nvidia gpu disabled in Bios - Between 80 and 105 fps.

Cuda support - on average 100 - 110 fps. Couple timed per dvd, CPU utilization falls from the 70% - 90% rate on DVD Fab. Then fps drops into the 70s. Then the CPU useage shoots back up, the fps rate recovers.

Overall - This machine - Cuda support makes about 5 minutes difference in a 2 hour movie.

Right this moment - I am at 116fps on Cuda. CPU has just droped from 80 - 90% to 28%. FPS dropping fast. Have a feeling it is CPU/GPU throttling to revent overheating. Has bottomed at 82 fps. CPU is back at 77 - 90%. FPS slowly trying to climb again. Actually had dropped to 79fps w/ cpu at 84% - most DVDFAB. Finally after about 20% of DVD, Frame rates rapidly rising. In mid 90's now. Over a hundred now. 105....111, 115, 114........done 96 min movie 22:36 to do. Completed at 81% on progress bar.

Comment

Don't forget to have lightning shrink checked in Fab settings as it works with cuda and quick sync except for vc-1 encoding this speeds things up a lot.

Comment

Yet another laptop to try

I am thinking that this one will have the ability to do the job.
              Core i7 2630 qm, 8gb memory, GeForce GTX 460M 1gb.
              This is the ASUS Gaming Laptop sold at Best Buy. Running Windows 7 Ultimate. This is a 4 core I7 with 8 threads running at a higher clock speed than the i7 4500u.

Asus G73SW-BST8

Comment

Results

Actually a BST6 not a BST8

ok - This topped out at 138 fps encoding w/ Cuda and Lightening shrink.

This started in the mid 70s and built to 138. Then the drop that occurred with the sony occurred. This one only lost 10fps to about 125fps.

The sony took 32 minutes with the 111 min unrated dvd version of Death Race. This one did it in 23 minutes.

So I will be uninstalling DVD Fab from the Sony.

This is about the same speed as the Fujitsu t900 except the fujitsu was doing it all on cpu and software encoding.

I am happy with this.

Thank you all with your patience.

Comment

Working...
                X