Framerates on your rigs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Framerates on your rigs.

Just curious. What frame rates are you guys and gals getting for DVD and Blu-Ray?

My current machine is getting between 50 - 100fps. The average seems to be in the mid 70s. I have a Sony Laptop Flip 15A with a 4th Generation i7 4500u. 8gb ram. I do have a NVidia gpu, but it is Cuda5 and thus not supported yet. So, these frame rates are with software encoding.

i7 3770 using IQS making mkv files for my media player. On BR to mkv I get around 200fps on DVD to mkv I get around 1000 more or less. Attachment for credibility:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I7-3770 using IQC 1hr 38 min dvd movie to MKV I clocked in at process done 33 seconds 88.89 mb/s.

90312:Why is Fab reporting your frame rate in FPS and mine reporting in MB/S? Whats my frame rate? I thought our specs were the same except I went for the faster memory.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by glenns; 06-02-2014, 04:38 AM.

Comment

To answer my own question one must compare apples to apples as their can be a lot of variables in a test.

My first test was dvd to mkv but I used passthrough and that profile won't use IQS as it didn't have to compress so I did a second test with MKV with the Fab defaults for MKV profile and that test came in at 2mins 32 seconds for the same movie as the first test that only took 33 seconds and seemed really fast.

This time Fab reported 932 FPS with the FPS going up and down as per the encoding demands but staying in the 920-970 range for this movie.Using other settings other than the Fab default in a given profile will give different results.

For blu rays I converted the movie Afterearth using the MKV profile with default settings FPS came in at a range of 210-222 FPS and 10 mins 53 sec job time.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by glenns; 06-02-2014, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Need to define the comparison more

Frame rates will be somewhat dependent on the ripping parameters, for example all of these may have an impact.
          1. 1-pass vs. 2-pass
          2. Audio pass-through vs. reencoding
          3. Video bitrate
          4. Frame size
          5. Subtitle settings
          For example, I typically see around 80fps for MKV on a 4th gen core i7 using Intel quicksysnc with 1-pass encoding, audio passthru, 9500 bitrate, 1920 frame width, forced subtitles only to IDX file. Another big variable is whether you are encoding from the BD directly, or rip the BD to disk first. When I have many movies to rip, I'll often rip them to disk first then encode, in that scenario is see much higher frame rates during the encoding phase.

Comment

Really?!

ok, please more info. Lets compare apples to apples. Single pass DVD to mp4 with arc 5.1 and subtitles burned into video. High Quality video.

What are your encoding framerates? Processor, gpu, ram, drive.

Comment

Which subtitles,what dvd everything will matter even your memory and it's speed.I can tell you I7 with quick sync is very fast on all Fabs jobs even 3d with their extra data about a hour to go from 50 gigs to 25 gigs my old 2 core with cuda took 12-20 hours for the same job if you got about a grand to spend I7 is the way to go for a decked out machine less for the basic machine.If your a gamer then a fast cuda card may be better for speed.Fab doesn't work with the 3 latest versions of cuda their working on it.With quick sync Fab shows a 4 core computer as a 8 core machine just remember that programs have to be written with quick sync for the extra speed.
              Last edited by glenns; 06-06-2014, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                Which subtitles,what dvd everything will matter even your memory and it's speed.I can tell you I7 with quick sync is very fast on all Fabs jobs even 3d with their extra data about a hour to go from 50 gigs to 25 gigs my old 2 core with cuda took 12-20 hours for the same job if you got about a grand to spend I7 is the way to go for a decked out machine less for the basic machine.If your a gamer then a fast cuda card may be better for speed.Fab doesn't work with the 3 latest versions of cuda their working on it.With quick sync Fab shows a 4 core computer as a 8 core machine just remember that programs have to be written with quick sync for the extra speed.
                Yeah, Intel QuickSync really rocks, I actually looked at some MKV rips I was doing yesterday on my 4th gen Core i7 and it was hitting 140fps on a 1920x812 movie with audio passthru & 9500 bitrate.

Comment

Working...
                X