Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP4 Codec issue using latest CUDA build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MP4 Codec issue using latest CUDA build?

After upgrading to the latest build, I am having a new issue during playback of my converted files, where I can only see the top quarter of the video with the rest of the frame being solid black.

This occurs is WMP and WMC. In VLC everything plays fine. Which led me to re-install Sharks codecs, however there was no change in playback.

I believe it has something to do with CUDA transcodes, as when I use Intel QuickSync everything displays properly.

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 770, latest drivers.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The new cuda driver 337.88 isn't working with Fab use version 335.23 until they fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply glenns.

I did as you suggested, with a clean uninstall in safe mode, and re-installed 335.23 drivers. Rebooted, and did a test, and the problem still persists.

On a whim, I did the same process with the latest beta drivers (340.43), and though the speeds were awful, the problem went away and the video played as intended.

Any ideas?

Comment

You can check in Fab settings for codex use all software or use the much faster Quick sync.Fab is aware of the problem with the newer cuda drivers and is working on it.

P.S. I didn't tell you to do this:I did as you suggested, with a clean uninstall in safe mode.

Comment

Hi MoZy, this issue has been fixed in Beta version of DVDFab 9155.

Please download and install this version see the result. Thanks.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
          X