No announcement yet.

Best Blu-Ray Settings for ripping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Best Blu-Ray Settings for ripping?

I'm interested in learning more about the BD Ripper software and considering buying it. I only buy Blu-Ray movies.

But I have a question for the users here...

If I want to rip one of my purchased BD's, is it possible to rip it so it's identical in video quality? I don't want to rip my disc and have it look DVD quality.
    I don't care if it's a huge file size. I have plenty of hard drive space and externals.

I just would like to be able to try to rip the movie only, not all the extra crap or the endless trailers at identical high quality video, Blu-ray standards.

Thanks,

Kathy

Yes it will let you do main movie uncompressed if outside the USA.
    If in the USA you must use a decrypter program with Fab some are free.
    Last edited by glenns; 07-06-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Yes it will let you do main movie uncompressed if outside the USA.
      If in the USA you must use a decrypter program with Fab some are free.
      When you say uncompressed, estimating, how big would that Blu-Ray file be?
      Say the disc I'm looking at is 28GB, what would it be using the ripper at the best settings?

Kathy

Comment

Well it's hard to say because all movies have different amounts of trailers and extra's on them.If you gave the name of the movie and I or someone else has it they can check if it's one movie in general.

Listed here are some I just did to give you a general idea.
        The book thief-41 gb full disk- 27.8gb main movie
        Glee the concert 3d- 42.3gb full disk-33.9gb main movie
        Nurse 3d-36 gb full disk-31.9 main movie.

Sometimes you get lucky and can put them on a 25 gig disk if their 23 gigs or less if making a disk.This is uncompressed and very fast as your not reducing in size at all just taken off everything except the main movie.You can also compress the main movie a little to fit on a 25 gig disk or have a smaller file on the hard drive under 23gigs you can hardly tell the difference if it's not a long or 3+hour movie when viewed but this takes awhile how fast depends on how fast you computer is.
        Last edited by glenns; 07-07-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Some compression is OK

I typically compress my rips down to about 10GB and they look great played back on my 60" TV, so chewing up 20-40GB of disk space/movie really isn't necessary. It's worth experiment a bit to see what level of compression gives OK quality for you.

Comment

Working...
          X