No announcement yet.

Reading/Writing Error Control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Reading/Writing Error Control...

I'm starting to experience an error with 9156. Everything has been working fine with the program up until yesterday evening. For about a week, I've been using the ripper to convert movies to be played on an iPad Air with no problems. I have not changed anything within DVDFab. Several movies have come back with an 'Reading/Writing Error Control' message. I can't figure out what's causing this. It's occurring on two different computers. The current CUDA drive is not among a list that was posted here recently. I mainly use a Windows 7 64-bit based computer.

This is the Internal Log for Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dark Intentions; 07-09-2014, 04:38 PM.

Assuming the disk is clean and not scratched up you can try turning pathplayer off in Fab settings turn back on when done then check content to see if the whole movie is their.If that don't work try version 8 of Fab.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 : 5.50 : 1.3 this card is not on list but still uses new cuda drivers so they may not work with fab so if above doesn't work roll back the cuda driver to to the old driver version 334.89 or 335.23.You can also set use all software for the conversion but it will be much slower.let us know how you make out thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glenns; 07-09-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

From the OP's log: 6m 41.60s: read error: 0 0 0 1523339 0 0 0
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

After trying all those steps, minus rolling back the cuda driver, I've come to the conclusion that it's the disc themselves. I have copies of their original counterpart as backups. I'm ripping from these to save to an external drive for when I'm offshore. I'm pretty sure the original disc themselves were scratched, causing these problems. Other discs I have are not causing any problems. Thankfully.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I've been having the same sorts of problems since 9.1.5.6

Before that I had no errors while reading discs, now I get these errors randomly while attempting to rip some DVD's.

I do not have an older version of DVD fab saved so I can roll back to the version that worked.

It's not damaged discs, the discs still play when they are inserted. DVD fab gets to the "analyze title 1 information...... pop up window, hangs, then gives me the error: "Error while reading! Please choose what to do."

There is nothing wrong with the discs.

Anyone else have this problem? Where can I download an older copy of DVDfab?

Comment

Post an internal log of a failed attempt. Comparing playing a DVD to copying is apples to oranges, the fact it plays is completely meaningless.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Post an internal log of a failed attempt.
              This is all you really needed to say, except I personally might have added the helpful steps explaining how to find this log that is buried in the depths of the DVD fab folders.

Being a relatively new paid subscriber to DVD Fab I would expect that the forums are full of helpful professionals.

I am aware that it is a relatively open public forum and I understand that I might run into a belligerent amateur that spends all his/her time pirating movies in a college dorm room or parent's basement, but I really wouldn't expect that kind of behavior from a forum moderator.

I'll assume that I'm misinterpreting the following quote as unnecessary hostility and that the misinterpretation is entirely my own.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Comparing playing a DVD to copying is apples to oranges, the fact it plays is completely meaningless.
              That being said, after reading through all the posts on this thread I naturally assumed that since DVD Fab was giving me an error that said: "Error while reading! Please choose what to do." I came to the conclusion that it was a READ ERROR. So I checked the discs on every other media playing software on my machine and they played just fine without error. Then for good measure I played them on other devices at my disposal and confirmed that those devices also read/played them without incident. So I determined due to the fact they were READ and played without incident on everything else, this made my statements perfectly relevant.

The fact that DVD fab was experiencing a READ ERROR I just assumed the problem was software related. Please forgive my ignorance I don't pretend to be an expert I was just drawing a conclusion based on software behavior.

I understand that you have better things to do with your time and that my silly lack of knowledge might be irritating. I am really only interested in ripping my dvd collection to a game console and external hard drive so I don't need to dig out DVD's anymore. I'm truly that lazy. Tinkering around with a new software is just a bonus. I'm an adult and I like to buy new toys. The fact that my profession involves media production means that learning about codecs, compression and the like is always useful. Again, forgive my lack of knowledge about this particular software I just bought and haven't spent much time using.

You obviously know more than I do about the ins and outs of DVD Fab and could have suggested a few things but there are other important moderation tasks at hand so a brusque response is understood. I'm sure this forum is very busy.

I haven't had a chance to try ripping the discs again since my life is also very busy with things that are much more important. But I assure you if I run into this problem again I will hunt down that log and post it straightaway.

Comment

It was nothing of the sort pal, just telling you that players will oversample read errors and a transcoder such as DVDFab will not. Playing on a player is one thing and has nothing really to do with whether it will copy or not. Clean the disk with window cleaner even if it looks clean and update Fab to 9.1.6.4 for the latest protection scheme removal. If you still get read errors the disk may have manufacturing defects that will keep it from backing up.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You might also try going into common settings here and tick this, it might ignore the read error and skip that part.
                  Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the good advice. I opened up DVD fab this morning after a long time away and there have been several new versions since my last one. It prompted me to update and now everything works great. I'm no longer receiving strange read errors on any of the discs I was having trouble with before so the problem was addressed in an update somewhere along the way.

Thanks again.

Comment

Glad you're going again!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X