Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best format to rip discs and keep Hd audio/video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Whats the best format to rip discs and keep Hd audio/video?

With all the different options like MP4,MKV, AVI, VOB, etc. What is the best type of file to rip and keep HD audio and video? Looking to keep the files as small as possible but also keep the hd perks? Open to all suggestions. Is there a tutorial that explains the different ripping options and each types benefits?

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
    With all the different options like MP4,MKV, AVI, VOB, etc. What is the best type of file to rip and keep HD audio and video? Looking to keep the files as small as possible but also keep the hd perks? Open to all suggestions. Is there a tutorial that explains the different ripping options and each types benefits?
    Try www.divx.com/en/software/technologies/mkv or www.makemkv.com/aboutmkv/

Comment

Thanks! Looks like MKV is the format needed.

Comment

I use DVDFab to back-up the 'main movie' section of all my DVD and Blu-ray disc's. All back-up's contain the disc's original video and (english) HD audio stream along with chapters and subtitles (if required). All are saved to the .MKV container format

Cheers
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
        X