No announcement yet.

Ripping seems slow on one computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping seems slow on one computer?

I'm currently using version 9.1.5.9 and the system I'm using it on has an i7-960 3.2Ghz cpu with a Geforce GTX 770 based video card and 12GB of ram. I also have another computer with an i7-3820 3.6Ghz cpu with a Geforce Gtx 570 and 16GB of ram with the same version installed.

Recently on my main computer with the i7-960 and GTX 770, I've noticed that I'm getting a really low fps ripping compared to my other computer (the i7-3820 and GTX 570). Ripping on the i7-960 starts out 35-39fps but then slows to around 24.xfps (give or take a few fps) after the first minute that the job is running and stays there for the rest of the job. On the i7-3820, fps is pretty steady at around 50fps give or take.

I tried to determine what could be the difference between the two systems, yes the i7-960 has a slower cpu but the i7-3820 does not have as good a GPU. So I went to check A/V codecs on the i7-960 and GPU codecs / cuda was disabled and on the i7-3820 cuda's enabled for decoding and encoding. I did discover that after upgrading to the latest Nvidia driver the other day, cuda could not be enabled on the i7-960 and I saw that it was mentioned here that there appears to be a problem with the latest version of the Nvidia drivers and DVDFab so I down graded and now I can enable cuda. But even with cuda enabled (and lightning encoding) I'm still seeing really low fps.

While DVDFab is ripping, I've watched the system with process explorer and on the i7-960 DVDfab.exe uses 1.55 - 4.27% of the cpu, FabProcess.exe uses 12-16%; physical memory history shows steady at 5.3GB; but in detailed spu history I see that cpu 3, cpu 5 and cpu 7 are idle and not being used. On the i7-3820 looking at detailed cpu history I see that all 8 cores (0-7) and being used. I know that there's a setting in DVDFab for the number of cores to use and I've checked and both are set to use all available cores, so why is DVDFab on the i7-960 not using three of the available cores and could this be the reason why DVDFab ripps slower on the i7960 versushe i7-3820?

Anyone have any idea's here?

- Norm

Hi, this issue has been reproduced, it will be fixed asap. Thanks for your feedback.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Ripping seems slow on one computer?

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the information.

- Norm

Comment

Hi Norm

Please update to the latest version V9162 Beta and try again. We did some fix for the issue.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X