Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jagged lines when going to ANY mobile format

Hey all,

I'm trying out the software now and for some reason, despite the results I like it better than other free options so I'd like to get this fixed so that I don't end up going with them.

Basically, I can rip a DVD just fine and it looks great. But it's downhill after that -- I've tried wmv, mp4, mkv, generic, etc. all on default settings. Here is the results:

The top image is Handbrake on the default mp4 settings, the bottom is DVDFab on the default DVD to Mobile (mp4) settings. Both used the DVDFab ripped folder for the source.

When examining the two in Mediainfo, the only differences I see are:
    - Handbrake says "MPEG-4 (Base Media / Version 2)" and DVDFab says "MPEG-4 (Base Media)"
    - Handbrake says 2 ref frames and DVDFab says 1 ref frame
    - Handbrake has much less kbps bitrate, so that's not the issue

Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's the ref frames... where can you change that in DVD Fab? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for any ideas!

Something else I've noticed. The handbrake rip is 720x480 and the DVDFab rip is 640x480... though they both obviously have the same aspect ratio. Could this be the problem?

*edit*
    I guess that wouldn't be it since the ripped vob files look fine and are listed as different dimensions.

Comment

hi,

this problem is happened in special DVD or just for this cartoon DVD ?

and you can adjust the output size to check it first or try to h264 as video output.

Comment

ting, thanks for the response, but I *just* came back to report the problem is resolved.

What I had to do was uncheck "Deinterlacing" and it looks great! Any ideas what would cause that? It's noticeable on everything but by far, much much more noticeable on cartoon type videos where there are thin black lines. The thicker lines in the video look decent.

Comment

Working...
        X