3D Settings in Ripper for Mp4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 3D Settings in Ripper for Mp4

I have many Blu-ray 3D Discs that I have already copied to Hard Disc using DVDFab Copy as Blu-ray 3D and now I want to rip them to mp4 files. I have Passive 3D 1080p LED TV's and want the best possible quality in the mp4 file. I am not sure which of the settings to use for the 3D Format. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated as to what the differences are and how they are currently encoded on the Blu-ray Discs.

Anaglyph
    Left/Right (Half Size 50%)
    Left/Right (Full Size 100%)
    Top/Bottom (Half Size 50%)
    Top/Bottom (Full Size 100%)
    Two separate files
    Two video streams in one file

Passive tv's use 1/2 blu rays 1920x1080 resolution so no mater what you convert to the glasses will use 1920x540 so keep that in mind.

The regular 3d mp4 setting will do fine and make a 1920x 1080 or less 1920x800 or 1920x804 if a letter boxed movie file.The glasses block half the lines in one direction so will only use 1920x540 of available resolution for passive glasses.

If you want the hd audio make sure copy audio is checked in advanced settings I believe it's checked by default.Their is a setting for bit rate that's normally set for normal i would change that to high quality also encoding method can be changed if needed but the default is normally good.Full frame is for 4k tvs so use 1/2 frame if normal 2k tv.Use split screen.

Try both over and under and side by side some tv's that are passive do better with over and under than with side by side and some 3d tv stations broadcast over and under.You can try with making a short test movie using one chapter of a movie make both ways and see if you can tell the difference.
    Last edited by Joe747; 10-12-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Split Screen 50% Doesn't Work

If I use either Split Screen left/right 50% or Split Screen top/bottom 50% I get two separate images on the screen from the resulting mp4 file. Any other suggestions?

Comment

The 2 pictures are put back together with the 3d tv.Put the 3d tv in 3d mode you have choices in 3d mode side by side,over and under and some simulated 3d you set the tv setting for the type of file you made.Then put the 3d glasses on.

Check with the manual for your tv that's how most work.Most manuals are online if you don't have it look it up online with the make and model number of the tv.

Comment

Working...
        X