Ripping 3D MKV for Mede8er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping 3D MKV for Mede8er

I've had a licensed version of BD Ripper for years but the options to use for creating lossless 3D MKVs from a 3D source have never been obvious to me.

Because of that confusion I've been using DVDFab to copy/clone the 3D Blu-ray, then from that, use MakeMKV to create a 3D MKV with the MVC option. Results have been very good.

Now MakeMKV is making the software more of a hassle with the registration nags. Since I already have DVDFab, how can I use it to make the equivalent MKV that plays well on my Panasonic 3D TV via Mede8er?

I'm not interested in burning discs or using compression. Everything the Mede8er sees comes from hard drives.

Thanks!

Hi erecipient,

We will take it into consideration. Thanks.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Thanks! At least now I know it's not possible with the current version of DVDFab.

Comment

Excuse the question but the need to rip to MKV? The mede8er would surely play the copy?

Comment

Originally posted by km4972 View Post
          Excuse the question but the need to rip to MKV? The mede8er would surely play the copy?
          The reason is that certain BD 3D ISO files are from branched blurays. The main movie is split into multiple .m2ts files. Branched bluray ISOs cause no problem for bluray disc players but cause a problem for the Mede8er. There is a small skip in the playback at the file joins.

Converting to an MKV corrects this problem and the Mede8er plays without skips.

But the problem is that dvdfab as far as I can tell cannot make a lossless 3D MKV from a BD 3D source. MakeMKV can do this, but I would rather not have to look for and buy another product.

Hopefully the lossless conversion of BD 3D ISOs to 3D MKVs can be implemented in a future update of dvdfab?

Comment

Working...
          X