couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of questions

Hey I just got dvdfab and it's been working like a charm. I just have a couple of question about it though.

1. When copy a season disc and converting them seprately to be an mp4, how do you create queue telling it to do that?
    2. when converting dvd to mp4 it always wants to transfer the file to my ipod itself and I always have't to close it out. How do I tell to stop doing that?
    I love having the power to break copyright protection. Ever since I've discovered it I've hated it. It's great for putting video on an ipod. So I thank the team here for what they do.

Originally posted by science man View Post
    1. When copy a season disc and converting them seprately to be an mp4, how do you create queue telling it to do that?
    Click the checkbox next to each title you wish to convert. You can see the queue using the "Open Queue" button.

Originally posted by science man View Post
    2. when converting dvd to mp4 it always wants to transfer the file to my ipod itself and I always have't to close it out. How do I tell to stop doing that?
    Turn off "File Mover" in the settings (green check mark at the top right of DVDFab).

Comment

How do you tell it to make an mp4 file for each title individually in the queue?
      I love having the power to break copyright protection. Ever since I've discovered it I've hated it. It's great for putting video on an ipod. So I thank the team here for what they do.

Comment

Select each episode, then if you open the queue you will see the multiple jobs that you selected.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

oh i see.
          thanks.

Comment

wow I'm realizing what the queue can do. Man I wish I had more disc drives lol

Comment

Yeah, I usually queue up 6-7 jobs overnight, come back and it's finished in the morning.

Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread coz if you rip to HDD first, you shouldn't need any more drives.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

oh I see, you're saying to copy it dvd to dvd cuase it's faster. Ya I'd rathar just go directly to mp4 for now. But thanks for the tip may did it sometime.

Comment

That's not the point.

If you had read my Best Practice thread correctly, doing the way I describe will stop a lot of problems that may occur.

Comment

ya I tried reading it and didn't understand it. It's ok though. Anyway I want to say that dvd fab is a god send. I'm in the process of transfering all I've copied to mp4 format onto my ipod and I swear I think it's taking an hour. lol I've 163 items to transfer but 70 of them weren't video. But still man. lol

Comment

Please follow GregiBoys advice....

You better make sure you check the beginning and end of every episode finished mp4 for sync problems. (a lot of time wasted if you don't and they have problems)

Also, you are going to wear out your optical drive faster than needed.

Comment

Ok I haven't encountered problems but then again I haven't done much testing but still if those problems do occur why wouldn't it be the software's fault? (think of the science of programing)

Comment

your dvd drive wearing out would be entirely your fault for not listening to the good advice given.

It takes a lot longer to convert dvd to mobile than to dvd to dvd (hard drive) rip.

The program works as intended when performing with said best practices.

With that I leave you with one last thought.. But still man. lol...

Comment

ya ok but I specificly meant the unclear converstion problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X