Fps dropping/very low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fps dropping/very low

To start off, the process does not fail. It will work, however it takes SOOOOOOO long. For a 45min episode it takes over an hour and a half, at least. It takes forever with all other titles as well (both tv shows and movies). When I use it on my computer I have no problems, but my girlfriend's computer is the one that is going slow.

I am running 6.2.1.8, (the latest released version). I also tried the beta version 6.2.2.0 with no success either. The computer with the problem is running windows vista, 4gb ram, AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile ZM-85. No other dvd software is installed on this computer and no OS changes have been made as well.

SOURCE FILE TYPE: Most likely VOB
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: MPEG2
    SOURCE VIDEO RATIO: 16:9
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC-3/5.1
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.8 and 6.2.2.0
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: 640x360
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 2500
    OUTPUT PASSES: 2-pass and 1-pass, both problematic

Forgot to mention, the first pass works fine, but second pass runs at around 17 fps

Comment

My first thought is Wow (2500 bitrate). Might as well use vob.passthrough.

I usually use a bitrate of 1400.

You didn't specify what profile you were using. (I use generic.avi.divx.audiocopy) at a constant bitrate of 1400. I let DVDFab pick the appropriate resolution.

What kind of file size do you end up getting for a 45 minute episode?

Please see GregiBoys sticky.

Comment

about 1gb. I also forgot to mention this is for a zune. I've tried zune.default and zune.wmv. I tried cutting bitrate in half and i'm still over an hour for a 45 min video and it's still running around 17fps. And I've been using the resolutions suggested by DVDFab.

Comment

Are you reading directly from the DVD or are you reading the source from your hard drive?

I don't have a Zune but I processed a movie. 2:02 playing time at 1400 bitrate.

The first pass was at 390 fps and the 2nd pass was at around 100-120 fps ave. This is a lot slower than processing generic.avi.divx.audiocopy.

My source files were on my hard drive.

I am wondering if your friends dvd drive is failing.
          If this is a laptop and you are running off the dvd drive then that is definately the problem.
          Those laptop optical drives are not meant to handle that kind of heat.
          Last edited by Karloff; 01-12-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X