m2ts audiocopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper m2ts audiocopy

I've been bothered since moving from DVDFab v8.2.3 to v9.1.x of not being able to find an m2ts audiocopy profile for DVD ripper. There's one for Blu-Ray ripping but I can't find one for DVDs. I still use 8.2.3 for that. Am I missing something or is there a v9 profile editor that I can make one ?

I was able to resolve this issue myself by manually editing the m2ts XML profile. I changed the section which read:

<audio enable="1" key="ac3">
    <codecs>
    <codec key="copy" copy="1" multi="1" unsupport="" unsupport_source="file,bd"/>
    <codec key="ac3" multi="1">
    <channels value="6" mode="4"/>
    <generic profile="1" ver="0" layer="0"/>
    </codec>
    </codecs>

To read:

<audio enable="1" key="ac3">
    <codecs>
    <codec key="copy" copy="1" multi="1"/>
    <codec key="ac3" multi="1">
    <channels value="6" mode="4"/>
    <generic profile="1" ver="0" layer="0"/>
    </codec>
    </codecs>

The audio copy option now appears on v9.1.8.3 DVD ripper and it works fine.

Comment

DVDFab, any chance of you fixing this profile so that every time I update DVDfab I don't have to edit it manually ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
        I've been bothered since moving from DVDFab v8.2.3 to v9.1.x of not being able to find an m2ts audiocopy profile for DVD ripper. There's one for Blu-Ray ripping but I can't find one for DVDs.
        There's a good reason for this... The DVD format does not include support for .m2ts contained files.

In the case of DVD. The audio and video streams are placed within the .vob container.
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
          There's a good reason for this... The DVD format does not include support for .m2ts contained files.

In the case of DVD. The audio and video streams are placed within the .vob container.
          The profile doesn't stop the use of m2ts with DVDs, it just forces audio to be encoded with AC3 vs. audiocopy. Audiocopy profiles for DVDs existed in v8.x . For now I have solved the problem by creating my own profile. I copied the m2ts profile, made my edits and then renamed the copied profile. What I can't determine is whether there is a v9.x profile editor so that I don't have to do edits in the XML files by hand.

Comment

Working...
          X