Best way for multi-episode ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best way for multi-episode ripping

I am trying to rip Neon-Genesis Evangelion. The first disc is 4 episodes and each came up in DVD ripper as its own file...great!

The rest of the discs are either 3 or 4 episodes, but come up as one big file...not great.

What is the best way to get this by episode? I think the answer is to rip the disc, but have it split the files by chapter, then use DVD Creator to put 4 chapters together as an episode, then use Ripper again to rip the DVD I just created to get a single file that is the full episode.

Does that sound right or is there an easier way?

Have you tried to investigate what "Other titles" are hiding?
    Run in to the same problems as you, just with other tv-show DVD's: Episode 1 listed as an individual episode and the 3 others as one single large video.
    But under "Other titles" i found what i was looking for, here the 3 other episodes on the discs was listed as individual videos.
    Last edited by Per K; 03-18-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

'Sometimes' the 'episode' you require is just not available.
      What you then have to do is rip with chapter splits - this is just so you can find where one episode finishes and another begins.
      Then you rip (say) chapters 1-6 as episode 1 and 7 to 12 as episode 2 ... you get the idea.
      It's not fun, in fact it's a ball ache, but that's just how some discs are produced and there's nothing DVDFab can do about it
      I feel your pain, I've been there
      Mutt
      Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

Comment

Working...
      X