[SOLUTION] for "install hangs/freezes or blue screens"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper [SOLUTION] for "install hangs/freezes or blue screens"

Firstly, I'm an IT person and have been working in hardware and software for 25 years. I note this, as I have tried EVERYTHING to get Dvdfab v9 and v8 to install on windows 8. There is nothing left to try. The problem is with DVDfab's software, and it needs to be fixed.

Fortunately, I have found a solution to the problem, although it is not the best for customers, as you will see.

If you experience this problem in Windows 8, firstly try all the things the support people advise, such as update video and other drivers, install in safe mode, etc.

If that doesn't work, as it was in my case, there may be an incompatibility with DVDFab and your motherboard.

If the motherboard has Asmedia sata controllers, DVDFab v9 and v8 will not work if these ports are in use. I have tested this on several different motherboards, all with the same results. If the drivers are installed for the Asmedia sata controller, DVDFab will work, however, no drives can be plugged into Asmedia sata ports. If that's all you have, you have to get DVDFab to update their software, or buy a new motherboard.

I hope this helps someone. I spent many hours troubleshooting this and I am 100% certain this is the cause.

DVDFab, please fix your software to work with Admedia sata controllers.

Cheers
    Nobody

Misdirected

If there's a problem with SATA controllers from one company or motherboard manufacturer, they are the ones with the problem, not DVDfab. It's probably something that DVDfab can't avoid, i.e. it makes a system call that it needs to make and the device driver hangs.

Comment

Working...
    X