Ripping in 9.201 quickly slows to 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripping in 9.201 quickly slows to 0

I am trying to convert a 10 season series, season 1 was fine in 9.199, I upgraded to 9.200 then 9.201 and season 2 will not convert. The FPS rate drops very quickly starts at about 120 and is below 5 in 1.5 minutes eventually dropping to nothing. No file is created.

I tried season 1 disk 1 and it works fine, about 60 FPS, which is about twice what I was getting before I updated my Nvidia driver and CUDA started working. I also tried with CUDA off, no change. These are DVD files copied to a hard drive, and I have converted them before to AVI, but I have a new player which can handle MKV so I am re converting them.

also tried 8QT 8.229, and season 2 Disk 1 works great.

will attach theinternal log, with 3 runs, the second one is S1D1 and works, the first and third do not work S2D1. All three were cancelled after I could verify if it worked or not. Please let me know what you think or if you need more information

Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files

If you have the converter module just convert the working AVI files to MKV, that's what it does.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I could do that but I don't think there is any point to it. The reason to redo the files as MKV is to take advantage of the additional features allowed with the MKV container. The avi files work fine, but there are no chapters, only 1 audio stream and only external subtitles. Considering the last time I ripped them was about 5 years ago, I was hoping there would be some improved quality in the process as well.
      It would be faster but I can only have about 15 DVDs in the queue at a time. At some point after adding more than that the program crashes and I have to start over. I have all my DVDs (900+) copied to 1 or 2 TB external drives and I would love to be able to copy the whole drive in 1 go, but I have never been able to add more than 15 consistently.

I still have not found anything that does a better job than DVDFab, especially with TV Series.

Comment

Working...
      X