No announcement yet.

Stuttering Video mp4 (AAC/AVC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Stuttering Video mp4 (AAC/AVC)

Hello

This issue hast started within 9.1.x.x. The mp4 AVC output stutters on the PS3, audio is OK. Other players works fine.
    It looks like there's something wrong in the GOP structure or the bitrate is too high. Was there a change in the mp4 PS3 profile?

Log attached.
    Attached Files

I just did a BR to PS3 and it plays back great. I did it straight from the disc, have you tried that? I note in the log you used an iso as the source, it's been my experience that not all iso files are created equal.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi

First I ripped the movie from the Disk. I've created an iso because it was easier for test different profiles. Actually, I've found 5 converted movies with this issue.

I'll me check some older version... let's see...

Comment

I made one from an iso and I can't reproduce your result. How are you making the iso file? If not DVDFab all bets are off.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello

I've tested damn lot of things directly from disk or image as a conversion from other format. Version older doesn't fix it. Copy movie by HD to the PS3, other PS3 with older Firmware, other conversion settings, other system...
          It's only the PS3's which shows a black screen for a minute or two, then start playing the video stuttering. I know, the PS3 is picky about the mp4, but it worked until a few month ago.

So right now, I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Hello

As a last option, I went back to my pre DVDFab ripping procedure. So I transcoded a avc.h264 track again and muxed it back into the mp4 container. Result: working. MediaInfo doesn't show much differences. Just a few tags less than the track from DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
            X