Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab freezing

Hi,
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 (from 7) and opened DVDFab. Opened ok, and then updated to 9.2.0.9.

Once I restarted the system all seemed ok, however when I put in Sin City 2 BD it scans the disc ok and prompts for the file to rip. When I click to rip it goes to the processing screen, but then hangs there. I can cancel, but the the program becomes completely unresponsive and has to be force quit.

Andy ideas ?

Thanks,
    Andy

OK, an update.
    I've tried a BD that I know works ok (Star Wars I) and it gives me the same problem. Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, but no difference.
    Looks like when I go to rip the program is not spinning up the BD drive ?
    Andy

Comment

And a 3rd update.
      I've tried using DVDFab v8.2.2.8 on the same PC and it works fine. So a problem with DVDFab v9.2.0.9

Appreciate any help, but will send a formal note to support now.
      Andy

Comment

Big problems with Windows 10

Originally posted by andymac1966 View Post
        Hi,
        Just upgraded to Windows 10 (from 7) and opened DVDFab. Opened ok, and then updated to 9.2.0.9.

Once I restarted the system all seemed ok, however when I put in Sin City 2 BD it scans the disc ok and prompts for the file to rip. When I click to rip it goes to the processing screen, but then hangs there. I can cancel, but the the program becomes completely unresponsive and has to be force quit.

Andy ideas ?

Thanks,
        Andy
        I've got two systems that I use as ripping hosts running Windows 10. One of them only rips half the movie but completes without noticing that anything went wrong. The other hangs completely (i.e. hard reset) halfway through the rip. Both are using Intel QuickSync

Comment

Hi Nik,
          Thanks for responding. Is Intel QuickSync in the DVDFab settings or in the PC under control panel ?
          Is it something that can be disabled ?
          Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

It is in DVDFab Common Settings, expand the options to check it out, see attached image.

And you would need to attach the DVDFab 9 internal log here so that we can analyze it. The default location for DVDFab 9 log file is:
            C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab9\Log
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mona,
              That worked perfectly - excellent :-)

Will these settings be ok for now, or is there anything else I should do to optimise ? I guess I need to wait for a Windows 10 driver update to allow this setting to work again (as it worked ok with Win 7 on the same PC).

I've also attached log this time in case there's anything in there that helps.

Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Which driver are you using?

Originally posted by andymac1966 View Post
                Thanks Mona,
                That worked perfectly - excellent :-)

Will these settings be ok for now, or is there anything else I should do to optimise ? I guess I need to wait for a Windows 10 driver update to allow this setting to work again (as it worked ok with Win 7 on the same PC).

I've also attached log this time in case there's anything in there that helps.

Andy
                Are you using the Microsoft delviered driver or are you downloading the latest from Intel?

Comment

Hi Nik,
                  I upgraded using the MS update - haven't checked Intel for a driver. Probably should have done that :-/

Will give it a try and report back. Good news is that the software is currently working with the settings Mona recommended.

Andy

Comment

Windows 10 Locks up

Hello All!

I looked at Mona's fix and my setting were already there? I never had any issues until I upgraded to the international version now I get to about 23% and it locks my system up hard.

I attached several entry's out of the DVDFAB log file. Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks

Johnie
                    Attached Files

Comment

John,

One thing you might want to check is if you have "turbo" mode on (for CPU usage) in DVDFab settings. In this mode DVDFab will max out your CPUs which could cause lockup issues if you are overclocked or have less than optimal cooling.

Also get yourself a monitoring program like Aida64 and use it's on screen display (or the program itself) to monitor CPU temperatures and CPU utilization (watch all cores) to see if they are hitting high temps.

Just something to check.

Comment

Thanks I will give that a shot! Turbo mode was on so we'll see.

Thanks!

Comment

You were about 99% correct I turned off turbo and watched all my temps and I exceeded 200 deg F while running a back up, and then it froze. But I noticed my CPU fan never changed speed? Looked inside and it was all clogged, blew it out and now it's turning at 6300 RPM and max temp of 151 F (67C) and the temp is locked at 67C thanks for your input!! Thanks again! I may even turn turbo back on had it that way for years

Comment

Working...
                          X