Choppy MKV's/Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Choppy MKV's/Windows 10

Ever since my clean install of Windows 10 I get choppy MKV playback on both DVD and Blu Ray rips. I am running the latest version of DVDFab and everything else is up to date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVDFab but it doesn't fix the issue. Everything was fine on the same machine running Windows 7, 8 & 8.1. MP4 rips seem to be fine but I prefer MKV.

My rig is:

Intel Core i7
    Asus X99 Deluxe MB
    16GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
    ASUS Essence STX II

Anyone have the same issue or can think of a solution?

Thanks guys!

I have noticed it using W10 and DVDFab Media Player 2.5.0.3, all my other players playback the mkv smoothly?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like a player problem

I've updated my HTPC to Windows 10 using the DSPlayer version of Kodi and it works just fine playing my rips over a LAN connection to my NAS. My typical Bluray MKV rip is around 10GB for a movie so they are not small files.

Comment

Hi Nik, all other software players I have work fine. I even did a clean uninstall of Fab media player and still have the jerky/minifreeze issue with it on mkv files.

Albert Einstein

Comment

After some experimentation I found the problem to be CUDA. If I make an mkv using CUDA it will be jerky, but if I make the mkv with CUDA turned off it plays smoothly and looks great on DVDFab Media Player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            After some experimentation I found the problem to be CUDA. If I make an mkv using CUDA it will be jerky, but if I make the mkv with CUDA turned off it plays smoothly and looks great on DVDFab Media Player.
            Maybe the answer is in this thread. I've noticed that DVDFab encodes MKVs differently when using CUDA vs, IQS or software.

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=27596

If you have IQS support try it and see if it is fine.
            Last edited by jbinkley60; 08-24-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Yeah there are big differences with and without CUDA, see below:
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Yeah there are big differences with and without CUDA, see below:
                I am seeing the same thing and it is just with MKV and CUDA that I see the oddity. CUDA with M2TS, IQS with MKV and software with MKV are all identical and work fine

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                  Maybe the answer is in this thread. I've noticed that DVDFab encodes MKVs differently when using CUDA vs, IQS or software.

http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=27596

If you have IQS support try it and see if it is fine.
                  All my rips are done with IQS, so that makes sense.

Comment

Stuttering Video

I recently upgraded to 9.2.1.0 and when I ran the Ripper, the MKV output would have clear audio but the video would stutter. I have an Nvidia GTX760 and have been using the CUDA cores.

I disabled CUDA and all is fine. Looks to be an issue with the latest Nvidia driver and/or issue with that and 9.2.1.0.

Wanted to post this out to see if anyone else if having the issue. My video drive is: 355.60 released on 8/13/15. My OS is Win7 Home Premium x64.

I did try an uninstall and reinstall of DVDfab but that did not help. Only turning off all GPU codecs worked and that is how I am running at this time.

Thanks.

Comment

I have had the same issue. Disable CUDA and it should work. Latest 9.2.1.0 and Nvidia drives caused my MKV files to stutter visually while audio was fine.

Turned CUDA off and it is fine. I also posted a thread just today on the same problem.

Comment

Yeah I've seen it but only with DVDFab Media Player. Any other software player I've tried play them fine. Seems to be Fab+CUDA+Fab Player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I moved your thread here Spanky668 since it's the same issue with the same solution.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Have the same issue.

Rips from BD or DVD to MKV (H.264) with Cuda Acceleration turned on in DVDFab, it creates Clips which playback extremly stutters.

But Only with Software Players like MPC HC, VLC or Fab DVD Player. I think they only use DXVA.

The Issue don't only exists with Playback with the DVD Fabplayer

The Other Players with GPU Hardware Decoding Playback runs very well (like PowerDVD).

But my favorite is MPC HC.

If it turn off Cuda in DVDFab 9.2.1.0, all playback is fine with all Software Players. If i Use Intel Quick Sync all is smooth, too.

This Issue is present since Windows 10 64Bit.

I think it must be an DVDFab Issue, because other Transcoding Software that Supports Cuda (NVENC) like Xmedia Recode or TMPG Enc 6 didn't have this issue.

Look at my thread. http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...d=1#post178425

Comment

Working...
                            X