PCM Audio Tracks in MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) PCM Audio Tracks in MKV

For a long time, I'd always assumed that DVDfab's refusal to put a PCM Audio tracks in a Bluray ripped to an MKV container, was a limitation of MKV containers. However, that doesn't seem to be the case as I've recently been able to create MKV files that play correctly and contain the original PCM audio. To do this I follow these steps:
    1. Rip the Mainmovie without any processing to get the uncompressed m2ts file.
    2. Feed that m2ts file to MKVToolnix and create an MKV file from the audio/video/subtitle streams.
    3. If you still want to compress the video, use DVDfab to create a compressed rip with the audio downgraded to Dolby Digital, then use MKVToolnix to merge the video stream from the compressed MKV and the PCM audio track from the uncompressed rip.

It would be real nice if DVDfab could be fixed to allow the PCM track to be included directly in compressed MKV rips.

Hi,

Please select AudioCopy option in Advanced Settings or select mkv.passthrough profile directly.

Hope this help you!

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi,

Please select AudioCopy option in Advanced Settings or select mkv.passthrough profile directly.

Hope this help you!

Thanks!

Wilson
      Can you explain why or how to correct getting 0 hz when using Copy Audio in MP4
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
        Hi,

Hope this help you!

Thanks!

Wilson
        I realized after posting that whatever problem had existed with PCM audio in earlier releases (been using it since 2012) has gone away. In the past when I selected PCM audio passthru the rip would start and then fail almost immediately, so I assumed there was some problem with PCM in MKV. Anyway, all good now, just wish there as simple way to remember which tracks I'd dopwngraded audio on because they only had PCM :-(

Comment

Working...
        X