preserve chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preserve chapters

Is there any progress here? I'm trying to rip from DVD but chapters are not being preserved

apeeps I moved your post here where it belongs. Don't use video converter to rip from DVD.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

When you use Ripper for this purpose make sure this box is checked to preserve chapters:
      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks for moving my post to the right place. I have checked the option to preserve chapters, but on all my DVDs so far, none had chapters preserved in the mp4 output.

I'm on 9.2.1.0 on Windows 7

thanks,
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by apeeps View Post
          ...but on all my DVDs so far, none had chapters preserved in the mp4 output.
          How do you know that the chapters are not being preserved? What software/hardware media player are you using?

Sufficed to say, not all software/hardware media players support chapters
          I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
          I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

that's a good point. I've played it on Windows media player, Windows Media Centre, xbox one media player app, and samsung and sony TV media players

Is there any way to check for sure if the ripped file has chapters?

Comment

MediaInfo is a free download. It will tell you for sure. See attachment and scroll to the bottom.
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks, I've checked one dvd and media info does indicate the chapters are there. I'll do a few more checks, but so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by apeeps View Post
                  thanks, I've checked one dvd and media info does indicate the chapters are there. I'll do a few more checks, but so far so good.
                  Nice one...

Sufficed to say... The DVDFab Media Player supports chapters
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Working...
                  X