Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles missing

Hi,

I'm a little surprised that I'm having this problem as a) this BD disk is some years old, and b) other BD & DVD disks with subtitles aren't giving me this problem. The disk concerned is "The Bourne Ultimatum", Region 2 (SE Asia, Australasia, etc.). There's some Russian dialog about 3 mins into the movie that my standard BD player-TV arrangement, and a player on my PC, like Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 have no problems showing the subtitles.

I'm using version 9.2.1.5 of the ripper. When the main title loads, the Subtitle field is set at "Display only forced subtitle - English", and the Subtitle Mode is set to "Render to video". I've tried changing the settings to Subtitle = None (exactly the same result), and Subtitle = Display only forced subtitle set to OFF and English set to ON (all dialog is displayed including the missing Russian subtitles). I've done the same set of options for an alternative title on the disk with exactly the same results. All tests were done with the same Subtitle Mode (= render to video).

Is there something I'm not doing right here? This seems to be the only disk I have with this problem and all others work with DVDFab's default subtitle setting.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul.
    Last edited by cplloyd42; 10-03-2015, 12:27 AM.

Check the disk

Check to see if there is more than one English subtitle track. On some disks, the forced subtitles are in a completely separate subtitle track. If that's the case, you may need to disable "Forced Only" for that track as the subtitles may not be marked as "forced" in that subtitle track.

Comment

I've given up on messing about selecting subtitles, now I do it the easy way and select full disc instead. It saves me pulling my thinning hair out!

Comment

Working...
      X