X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayStation3 SLIM only finds 50% of the movies

Hello.

I have a PlayStation3 SLIM, and a iOmega network storage system.
    I want to stream movies to the PS3 through my iOmega-server (NAS).
    I use DVDfab to convert my own DVD's to play through the iOmega on my PS3.
    I use the "DVD to mobile/PS3" settings, and some of the final files plays perfectly through the server on my PS3. But about 50%, made with the exact same options, doesn't.
    I know that the output video-files works fine, and I can see them on my laptop through WIFI.
    The files that doesn't show up on the PS3 as video's, shows up as audio (music) files, and I can play them as regular music-files - but without the video.

Does anyone have an idea what I do wrong?

I use a PS3 also but had so many problems, in the end I stick with Xvid AVI's and maintaing the AC3 audio, Don't have any problems all movies play fine and I have converted 200+ DVD's so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty68 View Post
      I use a PS3 also but had so many problems, in the end I stick with Xvid AVI's and maintaing the AC3 audio, Don't have any problems all movies play fine and I have converted 200+ DVD's so far.
      OK - but what a shame. I think DVDfab does a great job....when it works!
      But can you make Xvid include a subtitle, readable on the PS3?
      That's one og the features I like about DVDfab - The hard-coding (embeding) of the sub's.

Perhaps you have a good tutorial? ;o)

Comment

Monty68 is using DVDFab. Just select Generic instead of PS3 and choose the profile with XVID, AVI, and audiocopy.

The definition of the files as audio or video is controlled by your NAS. I suggest you search forums related to your device for others that have the same issue.

Comment

Thread hijack posts moved to Forced vs default subtitle support thread.

Comment

Just a few lines:

The "Generic" output seems to work just finde, and I can see all the movies (so far) i made with this setting.

Now... wouldn't it be great if DVDfab could do the AVIAddXSubs-job as well ()

Comment

Working...
            X