Subtitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitle

I posted this in the wrong forum, so reposting here. Thanks.

Is there anyway that I can select a subtitle and not have it directly rendered to the video. I know there are other options such as remux into file and extract to ids/sub file. I'm using the apple tv preset and basically I want to be able to turn the subtitle on and off via my apple tv. Can this be done? Thanks to anyone who responds.

Since AppleTV uses MP4 which cannot handle PGS subs from BD, you either need to convert to idx/sub (done by DVDFab) or OCR to SRT (not done by DVDfab).

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Chetwood, how do you make iTunes/AppleTV read the idx/sub?

I've tried to use all subtitle options in DVDFab but can't get any subtitle track in iTunes/AppleTV without re-encode the movie through Handbrake.

Comment

Dunno, I don't use either. I've read that MP4 supports VobSub but if you can't make it work you either have to burn in the subs or mux ORC SRTs which then will be converted to timed text when muxed into MP4.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Subtitles into Apple TV format

It is possible to get the subs to work if you have the idx/sub files you can use a software called subler, i use this to add custom album art and modify some of the other MP4 flags as well as add all the details to the file like description / HD / set type TV / Movie etc. add one or more subtitle tracks and label them you can also add or remove audio tracks drawback is that Subler is only a Mac product. it is also freeware, and is in no way a competing software to dvdfab.

I did notice in the latest version of DVDFab 9.2.2.8 there is an option enabled in apple tv 4 profile to render into video or send to idx or to remux into video as subtitle track, but so far I have not had any luck in getting this to work..

This has to be a regular thing as any digital copys are the same format and have them embeded so not sure why it doesn't seem to work right.

Comment

Working...
          X