Blu-ray ripper titles to mkv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu-ray ripper titles to mkv

I'm testing the blu-ray ripper for the first time and have a problem with subtitles when playing back through a wd-live box (1st generation). Using only the BD ripper to directly convert the BD disk to mkv the sub titles do not appear on screen using a wd-live. However, the sub titles work fine when playing back using VLC on my monitor and the do appear as an option on the wd-live menu but do not display when selected in the option menu. Versions ripped using a DVD to convert to mkv work fine.

DVD has Vobsub, BD has PGS. Those have to be compressed with zlib for the WDTV to show them. If DVDfab does not do it (check in Mediainfo), you can remux the mkv with MKVToolnix which will automatically do this.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by simisamoa View Post
      I'm testing the blu-ray ripper for the first time and have a problem with subtitles when playing back through a wd-live box (1st generation). Using only the BD ripper to directly convert the BD disk to mkv the sub titles do not appear on screen using a wd-live. However, the sub titles work fine when playing back using VLC on my monitor and the do appear as an option on the wd-live menu but do not display when selected in the option menu. Versions ripped using a DVD to convert to mkv work fine.
      There are three options for subtitles in Ripper module, "Extract to idx/sub", "Remux into file" and "Direct render into video". "Remux into file" means you can choose to turn subtitle on/off in the player. "Direct render into video" will show the subtitles with the movie playing. You cannot turn subtitle off while playing. "Extract to idx/sub" would extract two subtitle files into your movie folder.

Try to set the subtitle mode as Direct Render into video to see the result.

Comment

what works best for me

What I have found works best for my player (OPPO 103D) is "extract to idx/sub". I get 3 files (movie and 2 sub streams). I put the 3 files into a folder. Name the folder by any name but the 3 files must have the name and extension DVDFab gave them.

Remux into file also works well but I get 1 file and while I'm scrolling through my directory, I might miss that a file is high definition vs. DVD quality. The folder makes it easier to sort them out.

Comment

Working...
        X