This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 -> PSP fabcore.exe error

While attempting to recode a standard mp4 file into a psp compatible file (either via the standard or the firmware 3.80+ template), DVDFab is crashing midway through. Specifically, around 40-47 percent completion of the first pass (attempted on two different computers), the FabCore.exe indicates it is no longer responding via the windows operating system (tested on xp and win 7 x64). If the app is still "running" after the error, the fps begins to decline (along with the expected time estimate changes) and the progress bar no longer moves. At this point, either the attempt is canceled or the app is force closed via task manager. We have used v6.2.1.8 and v6.2.2.2 beta in the tests with similar results in all trials.

I do not have specific details on the source file used in the attempt, though I believe it was created using the standard DVD -> mp4 option in DVDFab (the file size is around 800-900 MB for a 2 hour movie, quality at or near DVD to the naked eye). I could not find any specific log entries related to this attempt in the DVDFab log directory, nor do I know how to turn on debug level logging.

The specific error on the xp machine indicates the error is in fabcore.exe v1.0.4.3, modName codecs.dll, modVer 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00152e51.

Try installing DVDFab V6.2.2.0 overtop on the install you have already but make sure your Anti-virus and firewall is turned off this time. Once installed again in common settings general of DVDFab click reset DMA and then try the conversion again to see if it will work

Comment

I suspect a bad mp4 file. Steps I would take.

1. Try a different DVD. Rip to disk then convert to mp4 then convert to psp. This proves the process, install and PC.
      2. Rerip problem DVD to mp4 and retry. Confused on why you do not know where it came from.
      3. If mp4 was from a recording (i.e. camcorder, cable, ota etc) then it may have missing frame problems. Usually you can see these when you play the mp4 on Quicktime or VLC. It will be at the 40% point in the mp4.
      4. Some programs are tolerant of frame errors and will fix the mp4. I don't have DVDFab File2Mobile so I don't know how it handles missing frames. You may need a different program that is more tolerant of frame errors or a program that can fix frame errors.

Comment

AGJ (in response to post 2/DMA reset)

I followed your instructions, and got the same error. I found the file information option in DVD Fab. The stats for the input file used in the mp4 -> psp conversion in all tests is as follows:

General
        Format : MPEG-4
        Format profile : Base Media
        Codec ID : isom
        File size : 758 MiB
        Duration : 1h 35mn
        Overall bit rate : 1 110 Kbps
        Movie name : DVD_VIDEO.Title1.DVDRip
        Album : DVD_VIDEO
        Encoded date : 2010
        Writing application : Lavf52.33.0

Video
        ID : 1
        Format : AVC
        Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
        Format profile : Baseline@L1.3
        Format settings, CABAC : No
        Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
        Codec ID : avc1
        Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
        Bit rate mode : Variable
        Bit rate : 1 041 Kbps
        Width : 720 pixels
        Height : 398 pixels
        Display aspect ratio : 16/9
        Frame rate mode : Constant
        Frame rate : 23.976 fps
        Resolution : 24 bits
        Colorimetry : 4:2:0
        Scan type : Progressive
        Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.152
        Stream size : 711 MiB (94%)

Audio
        ID : 2
        Format : AAC
        Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
        Format version : Version 4
        Format profile : LC
        Format settings, SBR : No
        Codec ID : 40
        Bit rate mode : Variable
        Bit rate : 64.2 Kbps
        Channel(s) : 2 channels
        Channel positions : L R
        Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
        Resolution : 16 bits
        Stream size : 43.9 MiB (6%)
        Last edited by dduda; 01-20-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
          I suspect a bad mp4 file. Steps I would take.

1. Try a different DVD. Rip to disk then convert to mp4 then convert to psp. This proves the process, install and PC.
          2. Rerip problem DVD to mp4 and retry. Confused on why you do not know where it came from.
          3. If mp4 was from a recording (i.e. camcorder, cable, ota etc) then it may have missing frame problems. Usually you can see these when you play the mp4 on Quicktime or VLC. It will be at the 40% point in the mp4.
          4. Some programs are tolerant of frame errors and will fix the mp4. I don't have DVDFab File2Mobile so I don't know how it handles missing frames. You may need a different program that is more tolerant of frame errors or a program that can fix frame errors.
          BillBell52:
          1) My thoughts exactly - tried with another file (avi) and a straight DVD -> psp and it worked without issue. I can attempt another disk later tonight.
          2) I checked the source, and it was a DVD Fab DVD -> mp4 standard operation. I didn't know the source at first because I'm posting on behalf of another user - I confirmed this today with him.
          3) Could there be missing frames within a file created by DVD Fab? Also, if this were the case, would two different systems show two different percentages? (47% complete on first pass on one, 50.22% on the second)
          4) I do have a couple older programs to try with this... the gui is not as friendly, so the user I'm troubleshooting this for will likely not be able to go this route.

I've posted more file info just now. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X